Lord of the Rings Online
- We have a new chat room available for you to discuss Lord of the Rings Online with other multiboxers!
- Join our LOTRO chat room in your browser now!
- ... already have an IRC client? irc.lavishsoft.com port 6667, #isboxer-lotro
LOTRO features used by ISBoxers
Lord of the Rings Online provides many of the common game features favored in multiboxing, such as auto-follow, Skill Target Forwarding and a basic in-game macro and hotkeying system.
LOTRO has an Addon system currently in Beta, which unfortunately does not support configuring Hotkeys; This makes LOTRO configuration more time consuming since the in-game hotkeys can not be configured for you ahead of time by ISBoxer, as is done for World of Warcraft.
Features I love:
- stepping/progression keys... I can have all my toons cycle through a skill progression with a single key! Great for build-up skills, and terrific for fellowship maneuvers... I can get the best ones (Ent's wrath) all the time!
- keeping the slaves in the foreground (obviously) so I can send keystrokes to them without task switching... increased the effectiveness of the team at least by 2. Being able to have all the toons do something at once instead of cycling through them.
- launching of the app from the same folder with virtualized config files. Prior, I had to run each from it's own directory... the disk swapping is much less with your solution... I believe common files get swapped up in memory/etc... anyway, it's much faster. Much less lag during zone loads as well.
- Half the fun for me is running multiple toons... the game is great and engaging, but leveling/learning 6 classes/skills/deeds at once is much more fun for me.. plus I'm a programmer, so configuring/getting things to work in ISBoxer is great fun too!
- Finally, If Turbine ever gives you any grief, I'm spending money for 6 accounts now instead of just one... they'll come out ahead with my money big-time. If I didn't have ISBoxer, I might have lost interest... I don't a lot of time to look for groups on-line, and, honestly, I'm not that interested in that end of it. I've quit other games that basically required that (I used to play FLYFF quite a bit). My family plays 3 of my toons sometimes, and that is great fun! If I couldn't level them all together, we couldn't do that. I'll leave that as feedback for Turbine somewhere too...
In closing, I'm very impressed with ISBoxer and will keep a subscription as long as I have time to play these games. Thanks for the great work!
32 loremaster, 33 hunter, 33 minstrel, 33 captain, 35 champion, 37 guardian
37 year old software developer with a wife and 2 daughters who love to go horseback riding with me in LOTRO when we're not beating up bad guys!