A Virtual File can direct the game to a given file in place of another. This is typically used to use a single folder for performance reasons, while keeping multiple configurations.
The Quick Setup Wizard sets up some Virtual Files automatically for your convenience.
Creating a Virtual File
- In the top pane, right click Virtual Files
- Select New Virtual File from the drop-down menu
- Rename the new Virtual File to the actual filename on the disk, without the path. For example, Config.WTF, or LauncherUserSettings.XML
- Now, for each Character that will need this file virtualized
- Drag the Character from the top pane into the bottom left pane with the Virtual File selected (visible in the bottom left pane)
- Select the Character in the bottom left pane, so that on the bottom right pane you see "Virtualize as" with a box next to it
- In the Virtualize as box, enter the new filename, without the path. For example, Config-MyCharacter.WTF, or LauncherUserSettings-MyAccount.XML
In this fashion, each Character can have its own version of a settings file, or share with certain others, etc.