Dynamic Launch Mode
This content (or portions thereof) describes ISBoxer 42! ISBoxer 42 is newly released, and we are working on updating parts of the documentation for the new version.
Dynamic Launch Mode is a new way to launch your Character Sets. Instead of ISBoxer automatically launching a Game Profile for each Character on your team, launching a Character Set with this option will put ISBoxer's launcher system in a waiting state, for you to launch the game instances yourself.
Launching your Character Set
- Select your Character Set for Launch via one of the following 3 methods:
- Right click Inner Space in the system notification area and, in the ISBoxer Character Sets sub-menu, select your Character Set
- In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Character Sets, right click your Character Set and select Launch
- To create a shortcut on your desktop to launch your team: In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Character Sets, right click your Character Set and select Create desktop Launch shortcut
- Note: If your game windows launch on their own, you've not enabled Dynamic Launch Mode in your Character Set (and Exported to Inner Space afterward)
- If you will be launching the game's launcher, make sure it is not already running without Inner Space! (close it now)
- Right click Inner Space in the system notification area and, in the Game listing area above ISBoxer Character Sets, select a Game Profile within a Game sub-menu to launch either the game's launcher, or the game client directly (if the game supports it)
- If using the game's launcher, log in and have it launch the game client
- When the game client fully launches, ISBoxer should accept it in this order as part of the Character Set, as if ISBoxer had launched it for you
- Continue launching additional game clients. If using the game's launcher, the launcher may support logging in and/or launching additional clients, and you may use this functionality!
- If you are using a Video FX Layout style of Window Layout, remember to launch your DxNothing window(s) last -- it is important that it becomes the correct Slot!
Limitations when using Dynamic Launch Mode
Because ISBoxer can only apply settings after it finds your launched game windows, the game is expected to have done a few things before ISBoxer takes over.
- Window Layouts may not correctly apply in certain cases.
- When ISBoxer launches the game, it is able to force certain restrictions when the game sets up Direct3D, such as making sure the game is placed in windowed mode if needed, or disabling V-Sync. In Dynamic Launch Mode, you may need to handle those settings on your own.
- Virtual Files cannot be applied to things the game does immediately at launch time, which may typically include loading the game's settings file.
If you find that you need to work around one of these limitations, it may be possible to do so by modifying the Game Profile that you use to launch the game launcher or client.