A Character is a representation of your in-game Character. A Character Set is a team formed with your Characters.
Creating a Character
Characters are normally created during the Quick Setup Wizard but may also be created manually.
To create a new character manually:
- In the top pane, right-click on Characters and select New Character.
- Type the name you wish your new character to have. This will be the name by which ISBoxer knows that character.
- Fill in the information in the bottom right pane, ensuring you also select your game in the additional features and fixed drop-down if it is available.
- Character Set is a group of one or more characters that will be played together. These are normally all from the same game, but different accounts.
- Action Target Groups a collection of characters that is used for logical grouping or targeting of actions.
- Menus can be assigned to a Character to be enabled by default for that window and not others
- Key Maps can be assigned to a Character to be enabled by default for that window and not others (meaning that any of its Hotkeys will not operate in other windows)
- Click Bars can be assigned to a Character to be enabled by default for that window and not others
- Virtual Files can have the game use a file in place of another depending on the Character
- Variable Keystrokes Are used to set character specific values for a where an in game key bind has a different value per character, but has the same meaning. e.g. To select the 4th party member might be F4 for the party leader, but F2 when driving from party member 5.
- Virtual Mapped Keys can have ISBoxer use one Key Map or Mapped Key in place of another depending on the Character
- Game Helpers are for game specific features where ISBoxer can generate a special integration file. e.g. WOW supports addons that contains in-game macros; ISBoxer can generate an addon for WOW.