ISBoxer 42:Common modifications
This content (or portions thereof) describes ISBoxer 42! ISBoxer 42 is newly released, and we are working on updating parts of the documentation for the new version.
This page provides step-by-step instructions, or links to such instructions, for many of the most common changes you might want to make to your ISBoxer configuration.
The game's Key Bindings
ISBoxer keeps a list of common Key Bindings under Variable Keystrokes, such as movement keys, auto-follow, and various targeting functions. The movement keys are used by ISBoxer's Formations, and default to WASD with Q and E as strafe keys (Move Left and Move Right); these may not match your game's actual configuration, so you may want to change them here if you want to try out the formation patterns.
- To configure these keys
- In the top left pane in ISBoxer, select Variable Keystrokes
- In the bottom left pane, select a keystroke to configure
- In the bottom right pane, adjust the Default Key Combination. Each Variable Keystroke has a Description box with more information about its purpose.
Some of the Variable Keystrokes are not necessarily meant to have a Default Key Combination configured -- "Target Slot 1" through "Target Slot 6" are usually going to be different in each window. That is to say, the key you need to press in each window in order to Target Slot 1 (the guy you have in window number one in your Character Set) might be F1 in his own window (the Target Self key), F2 in another window, F3 in another, F4 in another, and so on depending on the design of the game. Do note that ISBoxer only needs those filled in for the "Target current Slot, then Follow/Assist Target" Follow/Assist Mode; other modes will use different (usually simpler...) Variable Keystrokes.
- Other than for Formations, most of the Variable Keystrokes you may need are typically configured during the Quick Setup Wizard
- To use on-screen buttons
- In the game, press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F to pop up the Formations Menu with clickable buttons
- Click your desired formation button. The longer you hold the button down, the further they will move. Some formations require multiple clicks, in order to move different characters at different times.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+F again to hide the Formations bar.
You can reposition the Formations bar by showing the in-game ISBoxer Control Panel. While the Control Panel is open, ISBoxer's widgets will be in editing mode with draggable borders and the like.
- To configure Hotkeys for individual formations
- In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Key Maps, select ISB42 - Base Hotkeys
- In the bottom left pane, under Mapped Keys, select one of "Flying V Formation", "Line Formation" or "Star Formation"
- In the bottom right pane, at the top, configure a Hotkey
- Export to Inner Space
- In the game, press your Hotkey. The longer you hold your Hotkey down, the further they will move. Some formations require multiple clicks, in order to move different characters at different times.
Please see the Follow/Assist Mode page for detailed Follow/Assist Mode configuration.
- The Follow/Assist Modes available are as follows
|None||No action will be taken if the Hotkey is pressed|
|Directly Follow/Assist designated Main Character||This option allows for easy, fool-proof configuration. Create a Hotkey in the game to /follow your designated main character, and another Hotkey to /assist him, then give those to ISBoxer under "Follow Main Character" and "Assist Main Character"|
|Target current Slot, then Follow/Assist Target||This option allows following/assisting all slots, using in-game Party Targeting Hotkeys. This can be impractical/confusing in some games with wonky party lists (e.g. Star Wars The Old Republic), and breaks when others are in your party (or members are missing) -- in which case it is also possible to switch to another Follow/Assist method on the fly.|
|Target Party Leader, then Follow/Assist Target||This option allows for easy configuration if a designated Hotkey in the game can target the Party Leader (or your designated main character), and another can Follow and another can Assist. Give those to ISBoxer under "Target Party Leader", "Follow Target" and "Assist Target"|
|Directly Follow/Assist current Slot (per-Slot Follow/Assist Key Bindings)||This option allows following/assisting all slots, using a manually-configured in-game Macro for each Character. This can be tedious to configure if you have a lot of Characters. Give ISBoxer the entire list of custom Follow and Assist Hotkeys.|
|Directly Follow/Assist current Slot (Slot ID Modifiers)||This option allows following/assisting all slots, using in-game Macros in a way that all Characters can follow with one key (plus some Modifiers) and assist with another key (plus some Modifiers). This is similar to the WoW option.|
|Directly Follow/Assist current Slot (auto-generated WoW Macros)||This Mode is automatically selected by default for World of Warcraft. It will use generated Macros in the ISBoxer Addon to handle follow and assist for all Characters.|
- How to configure a Hotkey to rotate between windows
- In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Key Maps, select "ISB42 - Always On"
- In the bottom left pane, under Mapped Keys, select "Next window"
- In the bottom right pane, at the top, is a Hotkey option. Click the < and configure your desired Hotkey
- Export to Inner Space
- How to configure per-window Hotkeys, such as Num 1 for window 1, Num 2 for window 2, etc
- In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Character Sets, select your Character Set
- In the bottom left pane, under Slots, select each Slot number (like "1")
- In the bottom right pane, select the Switching tab (it will remain selected to this tab when you select another Slot)
- At the top of the tab is the Hotkey option, "Hotkey to switch to this character"
- Export to Inner Space
Focus Follows Mouse
- How to enable "focus follows mouse", to quickly mouse into small windows to click on something or activate an ability
- In the top left pane in ISBoxer, under Window Layouts, select your Window Layout
- In the bottom right pane, the top drop-down box "Swap Hot Character to main region" must be set to either Never, or one of the "only when I press" options. Note that the "Slot Activate hotkey" was described above as per-window Hotkeys, and the "Swap Hotkey" option is right beneath this drop-down box.
- The "Focus game windows via mouse without clicking (Focus follows mouse)" option should become unlocked depending on the "Swap Hot Character to main region" option
- Export to Inner Space. Certain Window Layout changes may require a re-start of your Character Set to fully activate during play, but usually only an Export to Inner Space is necessary.
Video FX-based Window Layouts
- See Video FX Layout