FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Request: That ability to change the Origin Point on a Region

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Darkmod

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:29 pm

Request: That ability to change the Origin Point on a Region

I use 2 dxNothing windows Top Left and Top because the (X, Y locations) do not change when expanding the region. This gives me all the room I need to work with the settings windows and saving. It would be nice to have an Origin setting “default = Top Left”, “Top Right”, Bottom Left” and “Bottom Right”. With this feature managing bottom and right regions would be much easier to work with.

Thx Darkmod
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:38 pm

Re: Request: That ability to change the Origin Point on a Region

It is also possible to manage Video FX using Actions (Video FX Action) in Mapped Keys. I use the ISBoxer Control Panel GUI only when I am first setting up Video FX. Once I know where I want them, I convert everything over to Video FX Actions which run inside a mapped key which is called when the character set is loaded.

I find this method gives me much more flexibility in terms of creating, hiding and showing Video FX. I believe some people achieve similar results using saved Video FX sets.

Alge
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:57 am

Darkmod wrote:I use 2 dxNothing windows Top Left and Top because the (X, Y locations) do not change when expanding the region. This gives me all the room I need to work with the settings windows and saving. It would be nice to have an Origin setting “default = Top Left”, “Top Right”, Bottom Left” and “Bottom Right”. With this feature managing bottom and right regions would be much easier to work with.

I have no idea what you just said or why you can't put something on the bottom or right or the origin of what exactly. Can you take a few steps back and explain the problem you are proposing a solution to?
<<

Alge

Post Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:34 am

This is my interpretation... (based on having read the top couple of posts on this page of this thread http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=46088&page=3 as well)

He means that when a dxNothing window is completely filled with VideoFX viewers, the ISBoxer Control Panel sits under the viewers and is essentially inaccessible (unless you leave part of the blue title bar to click on). The workaround he has found for this is to increase the size of the dxNothing windows in a downward or rightward direction so he can again access the ISBoxer Control Panel. Increasing the size of the regions in these directions does not change the location of the viewers because the origin point (0,0) is in the top left corner. I presume after he has everything set up satisfactorily he then reduces the size again.

A better solution to changing the corner of the dxNothing window in which the origin is might be to change the z-order of the ISBoxer Control Panel so it always sits above any Video FX viewers (if that is possible/feasible).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:56 am

Appreciate the context, this thread makes a whole lot more sense now. :) I will take care of it in ISBoxer 40.

I don't think manually and temporarily resizing the dxNothing windows, and me specifically supporting that with another obscure option, is the right solution. Convenient workaround for now, sure...

Placing the ISBoxer Control Panel on top of Video FX is probably not going to happen either since that would require it to be a Video FX which can only view another window.
<<

Tehtsuo

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:16 am

In case my opinion helps - I would much prefer an external method of managing Video Feeds, Click Bars, and Repeater Regions. I know ISBoxer has Click Bar management, but it seems that that is just for the initial creation, after which they must be managed with the in-game UI. I'd like to just manage all settings within ISBoxer.

I realize this would mean you'd have to push settings constantly, but right now I'm having to use a hack-n-slash method of changing settings in ISBoxer, in-game UI, as well as manually modifying XML files in order to get the granularity I'm looking for. I know not everyone is as anal as I am about getting everything exact down to the pixel, but there's got to be others who do it. :)
<<

Alge

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:31 am

For Click Bars you can now set the location from within ISBoxer and control their other properties via:

Click Bar Button Action
Click Bar State Action

For Video FX you can control pretty much everything from within ISBoxer:

Video FX Action

There are also Repeater actions but I have less experience with them as most of the former uses of them have been replaced with Video FX now. Or did you want more fine-grained control than these actions provide?
<<

Tehtsuo

Post Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:35 am

Alge wrote:For Click Bars you can now set the location from within ISBoxer and control their other properties via:

Click Bar Button Action
Click Bar State Action

For Video FX you can control pretty much everything from within ISBoxer:

Video FX Action

There are also Repeater actions but I have less experience with them. Or did you want more fine-grained control than these actions provide?

I know about all these and have been using them. I think what I'm looking for could be best described as a "Set Editor". A place where I could add or modify multiple feeds, clickbars, and/or repeater regions and move, resize, or change properties for them within ISBoxer, then push the resulting set to the game.

Basically it'd be identical to the in-game UI, but not be limited by a game window, where you have to fight with your different elements jockeying for "z-order" and whatnot. Believe me, my dxnothing window is a terrifying thing to manage since I have so many video feeds and click bars to deal with. I even have a set of click bars that are positioned over a set of video feeds for my dxNothing-based window swapping. I can't even click on the video feeds because the click bars take all clicks, so I have to select a different video feed and then pick the one I'm trying to modify from the dropdown in the menu.

I also have a square piece of screen in my dxNothing window that I can't use for anything, because if I did it'd take up the last remaining spot I have for the IS UI menu to sit, so I wouldn't be able to manage anything at all from within the window.

Return to Window Layouts