FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

lotroclient crashing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Snaare

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:02 pm

lotroclient crashing

I just went ahead and did the a total fresh install (removed all my LOTRO and IS/ISBoxer files). Selected Full Install and Low-res textures.

My client is still crashing after about 20-30 seconds after loading, which is usually during the character select, or after selecting a character and during the loading of said character. I try and post some screenshots/video of my settings.
I also went ahead and installed the steam version, and it gives me the exact same 20-30 second time period before the client crashes.

I'm not sure if i need any -paramaters after my target, which is the TurbineLauncher.exe, or if I'm setting something up wrong, but I've tried all sorts of little changes in my settings for both IS and ISBoxer including ingame resolutions, etc to no avail.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: lotroclient crashing

In ISBoxer's Help menu, get me "Diagnostics for game crashes" (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics)from lotroclient
<<

Snaare

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:48 pm

http://privatepaste.com/fe6aebd161

This is from a fresh install, using the Full Install option with Low Res textures. It seems to still install the Happy Cloud client, which is running when I run the launcher, not sure if that plays a factor.
<<

Snaare

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:53 pm

http://privatepaste.com/c2deef8e7b

This is a run from the Steam Install of LOTRO
<<

Snaare

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:00 pm

http://privatepaste.com/da79f610f6

And pretty sure this is my crash log from Happy Cloud
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:33 pm

I was going to recommend that you check for an updated GPU driver on the manufacturer's site since it looks like CoProcManager is what's interfering, but I was told you had already tried that.

So, my other suggestion would be to go into the NVIDIA Control Panel then: Manage 3D Settings > Program Settings tab > select (or add) the LOTRO executable > adjust Power Management Mode to "Prefer Maximum Performance"

Apply that change and see if it changes anything.

If it doesn't, there may be a CoProcManager folder in one of your Program Files directories. Try renaming the folder and then re-launching through Inner Space.
<<

Snaare

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:15 pm

Still no good.

went into my 3D settings, set my default to high-performance, then added in my client and also set as high-performance, no change.
I am occasionally being prmopted to "find the client executable" after I enter my user/pass in the launcher, which was a little odd.

I can run the 3 clients without using ISBoxer perfectly fine ( was messing around with HotkeyNet), but for some reason ISBoxer just isint getting along with my laptop.

I guess its just not meant to be, haha
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:53 am

Snaare wrote:Still no good.

went into my 3D settings, set my default to high-performance, then added in my client and also set as high-performance, no change.

First, can I assume that "High Performance" means "Prefer Maximum Performance"? The Power Management Mode doesn't have a "High Performance" setting, but numerous other options in the control panel do. So, if you changed the wrong thing, then whatever you did may have changed absolutely nothing.

Second, I didn't tell you to change anything in your default profile. You should never make changes to your default profile unless you know what you're doing and should revert whatever you did to it.

Third, I gave an alternative option for you should try, but you didn't report back as to whether that changed anything or not. So... Did you rename the CoProcManager folder or not?

Fourth, after finally taking a second look at your first report, you have a process running called RzOvlMon which is an overlay program. Almost every overlay program interferes with Inner Space, so uninstall it and test. If this means uninstalling all of the Razer software you have installed, then so be it -- It's just a test.

If you've done everything in that list, from top to bottom, then we'll need to see another diagnostics report.
<<

Snaare

Post Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:36 am

MiRai wrote:
Snaare wrote:Still no good.

First, can I assume that "High Performance" means "Prefer Maximum Performance"? The Power Management Mode doesn't have a "High Performance" setting, but numerous other options in the control panel do. So, if you changed the wrong thing, then whatever you did may have changed absolutely nothing.

Second, I didn't tell you to change anything in your default profile. You should never make changes to your default profile unless you know what you're doing and should revert whatever you did to it.

Third, I gave an alternative option for you should try, but you didn't report back as to whether that changed anything or not. So... Did you rename the CoProcManager folder or not?

Fourth, after finally taking a second look at your first report, you have a process running called RzOvlMon which is an overlay program. Almost every overlay program interferes with Inner Space, so uninstall it and test. If this means uninstalling all of the Razer software you have installed, then so be it -- It's just a test.

If you've done everything in that list, from top to bottom, then we'll need to see another diagnostics report.

Perfer Maximum Performance is the default setting for my 3D Settings profile, so yes, that is currently selected. I went in to the dropdown and manually set it anyways just in case something tired to change the default, so that is accomplished.
When I mentioned my default profile, the term I should have used was 'Global Settings', which is the first tab brought up when selecting Manage 3D settings, In the "Prefered Graphics processor" I changed the dropdown to High-preformance NVidia processor, but for some reason that does get reverted back to Auto-Select or Integrated Graphics for some reason.

Yes, I renamed the CoProc folder, and restarted so if the .dll's were loaded, they woudlnt be found, no change.

I killed the Razer overlay task, no change. I'll uninstall the Razer Synapse suite this afternoon and report back if that helps, need to head to work.

Didnt mean to get snippy with you if you felt I was, just getting a little frustrated trying to pinpoint why my system is having a hard time with ISBoxer when others have it work flawlessly.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online