FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LOTRO doesn't work

Moderator: MiRai

<<

knowgoodnews

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:15 pm

LOTRO doesn't work

So I read other posts and can't get LOTRO to start. I get: Turbine Launcher has stopped working. I've used ISBoxer before. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Edit: Is there a way I can start LOTRO then turn on ISBoxer? It seems like problem is IS launching the game. I have no problem launching 2 myself.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Re: LOTRO doesn't work

knowgoodnews wrote:So I read other posts and can't get LOTRO to start. I get: Turbine Launcher has stopped working. I've used ISBoxer before. Any ideas?
See Diagnostics for Game Crashes for how to get help with this issue.

Edit: Is there a way I can start LOTRO then turn on ISBoxer?
No.
<<

knowgoodnews

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:06 pm

<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:22 pm

I know Lax has suggested to people to close down nVidia's 3D Vision in the past. I would see if it works without that loaded.
<<

knowgoodnews

Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:38 pm

just tried that....still doesn't work. Put LOTRO in DX9. Says: "Turbine Launcher has stopped working."
ISBoxer used to work. Never had a problem. I guess that happens with updates.

Edit: Just tried turning off antivirus. Nothing. I put ISBoxer and InnerSpace in exclusions. Nothing.
<<

knowgoodnews

Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:52 pm

I have done everything. Still doesn't work. I just tried putting exclusions in the firewall & antivirus. Same message comes up. Is anyone else having the same problem?
<<

FuryOfNature

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:01 am

I've been using Lotro with the current InnerSpace and ISBoxer Suite versions without encountering the issues you're having with the launcher. I use DX9 for all ISBoxer clients.
<<

knowgoodnews

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:09 pm

Thanks Fury. I tried that too. Didn't work.
<<

Wanderlust

Post Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:42 pm

I just re-installed ISboxer/innerspace and lotro.client and the first attempt to launch I had a problem with it starting until I re-adjusted my power settings for performance - since then it has worked flawlessly....
I don't know if that's your problem, but I suppose it wouldn't hurt to check? I might also uninstall everything and re-install could be a corrupt file or something gumming the works? Maybe run a reg cleaner between installs?

Sorry if you tried these already...
Good luck!
Wanderlust
<<

Gorthu

Post Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:59 pm

I just decided to get back into lotro today. I had trouble launching. I saw the comment about DX9/10, so I made sure I was on 9. Then I saw the comment about it being different in one of the .ini files from another. I went into the Lord of the Rings folder under my documents and deleted all the .ini files. this forced the game to rebuild them, and everything worked launching the games.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online