FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trove Crashing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sadkitten

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:46 pm

Trove Crashing

Figured I would start my own thread since my problem seems unique and I'm not seeing any replies in the other one.

When I go through the setup for Trove, pointing inner space to launch from GlyphClient, it does the same thing where it throws me an error that the glyph handler doesn't specify and requires me to click to send the error to Trion and then restart Glyph at which point inner space gives up doing anything. The quick start guide gives you 3 ways to launch the game, and each one bounces the same error. I followed all the fixes in the other trove threads with no change. I also tried creating a shortcut to avoid glyph entirely, but that comes back with a red failure text. Its been awhile but I had this working with path of exile for some time, I cant get this to do anything with Trove.

I've also tried to point inner at Live/Trove.exe but that throws a -14 error and crashes it. I also don't have anything running in my background so there shouldn't be any issues there.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Re: Trove Crashing

<<

sadkitten

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:25 pm

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:11 pm

At quick glance, I don't see anything too offending, but the issue could be:

1) You have UAC disabled
2) Your GPU drivers may be out of date
3) You're missing critical Windows updates
<<

sadkitten

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:24 pm

MiRai wrote:At quick glance, I don't see anything too offending, but the issue could be:

1) You have UAC disabled
2) Your GPU drivers may be out of date
3) You're missing critical Windows updates

I went ahead and enabled UAC and updated my GPU drivers and its the same thing. Unfortunately, short of buying a new OS I cant update it.
<<

Wheathn

Post Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:37 pm

Just renewed my subscription for trying isb with Trove and having the same issue.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:28 pm

Wheathn wrote:Just renewed my subscription for trying isb with Trove and having the same issue.

At this point with as little information as you've provided, you cannot know whether you have the same issue or not other than "Trove is crashing." With that said, there are both steps to follow in order to provide further information, as well as possible fixes listed in this thread.

Help us, help you.
<<

Wheathn

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:44 am

Nevermind, was able to solve it with (alot of) windows updates and closing raptr. :)

Return to Trove