FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Isboxer not saving macros in addon folder

Moderator: MiRai

<<

wtreesy

Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Isboxer not saving macros in addon folder

I have a problem where after setting up the Pro Config and creating macros in isboxer the addon does not seem to be saving the macros in my World of Warcraft > Inteface > Addons > Isboxer character profile lua file after Exporting to inner space.

I've given all users complete access to the wow folder and every folder within it.

Any ideas as to why my macros in isboxer are not being sent to the appropriate character lua files?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: Isboxer not saving macros in addon folder

The macros created by ISBoxer are stored in the ISBoxer addon. They are not stored anywhere else. You will not have direct access to them from within WoW or be able to modify them there. If you need to change them the correct way to do that is through ISBoxer Toolkit and then re-export to Inner Space. If you are running WoW when you do that you will need to reload the UI on all your WoW instances.
<<

wtreesy

Post Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:26 pm

I'm doing the Pro Isboxer configuration but none of the steps in the 'DPS Rotation' work in game when I try using macro made in isboxer.

i've added the keymap for each class to the specific characters. Added Virtual Combat and combat hot keys to character set.

i've set up class macros in game helpers.

PROconfig.xml
(133.62 KiB) Downloaded 705 times

This is what i have atm, just trying to get the dps rotation working via named macro. Nothing seems to happen ingame when i use my key bound to dps rotation. But the normal isboxer features still work.

Heres a paste link http://www.privatepaste.com/d91a991597
<<

muhamad ali

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:13 am

Inside your Paladin Keymap I noticed there's nothing referencing the World of Warcraft Game Helper Macros for Paladin within the Macro Sets

So what you would do is the following:

1. Go to your Keymap Paladin

2. Expand all of the DPS rotation and steps

3. Paste the below code to your steps:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Box xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <ObjectType>System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ISBoxer_Toolkit.Configs.KeyMaps.MappedKeyAction]</ObjectType>
  <SerializedObject>&lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?&gt;
&lt;ArrayOfMappedKeyAction xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"&gt;
  &lt;MappedKeyAction xsi:type="WoWMacroRefAction"&gt;
    &lt;RoundRobin&gt;false&lt;/RoundRobin&gt;
    &lt;Target&gt;self&lt;/Target&gt;
    &lt;UseCustomModifiers&gt;
      &lt;LAlt&gt;false&lt;/LAlt&gt;
      &lt;RAlt&gt;false&lt;/RAlt&gt;
      &lt;LShift&gt;false&lt;/LShift&gt;
      &lt;RShift&gt;false&lt;/RShift&gt;
      &lt;LCtrl&gt;false&lt;/LCtrl&gt;
      &lt;RCtrl&gt;false&lt;/RCtrl&gt;
    &lt;/UseCustomModifiers&gt;
    &lt;WoWMacro&gt;
      &lt;WoWMacroSetString&gt;Paladin&lt;/WoWMacroSetString&gt;
      &lt;WoWMacroString&gt;Judgment&lt;/WoWMacroString&gt;
    &lt;/WoWMacro&gt;
  &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
    &lt;WoWMacro&gt;
      &lt;WoWMacroString&gt;Exorcism&lt;/WoWMacroString&gt;
    &lt;/WoWMacro&gt;
  &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
    &lt;WoWMacro&gt;
      &lt;WoWMacroString&gt;Hammer of Righteous&lt;/WoWMacroString&gt;
    &lt;/WoWMacro&gt;
  &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
    &lt;WoWMacro&gt;
      &lt;WoWMacroString&gt;Crusader Strike&lt;/WoWMacroString&gt;
    &lt;/WoWMacro&gt;
  &lt;/MappedKeyAction&gt;
&lt;/ArrayOfMappedKeyAction&gt;</SerializedObject>
</Box>

You should see something as such:

Remember within the specific keymaps you need to ensure that they are pointed to the macro set by right clicking Action under Step and picking: Keystroke Actions :: New Named World of Warcraft Macro Action

Which will give you this screen:

Hope this helps...
<<

muhamad ali

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:18 am

NOTE:

Also, once you have your keybind setup for your DPS Rotation, you can remove the FTL DPS Keys from your Character Sets :: "RAF"

This is because you're now using the Virtual Combat system.

So you'll end up with something as such for your team's Key Maps:

General
Control
Virtual Combat
Combat Hotkeys
<<

muhamad ali

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:22 am

Here's a revised config file for you to go from if you need:
Attachments
PROconfig-revised.xml
Added support to the macro set from the Paladin and Shaman Key Maps
(136.6 KiB) Downloaded 684 times
<<

wtreesy

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:51 am

Thanks for your help muhamad, most appreciated. It still is not working. Seems to be nothing being sent from Isboxer.

If i put a macro from within wow onto actionbar 1, the macro works and sends to all clients as normal. But nothing from my made keymaps is happening.

Is there some special macro i have to put on the actionbar slot 1 ingame to make the dps rotation work?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:00 am

muhamad ali wrote:Here's a revised config file for you to go from if you need:

Ali, there's a piece missing in nearly every CLS Config I've had anyone show me, including this one that you have revised.

That is this:

When you press Shift+Alt+M, it does "Activate Maps" under the "Control" Key Map. I know you know that because you added Combat Hotkeys to the toggle. However, the problem is that Activate Maps is still toggling FTL DPS Keys, which will be activated when Key Maps are turned back on. This is either fixed by a) removing FTL DPS Keys from the toggle, or b) by using a Key Map White or Black List assigned to the Character Set. (Also discussed under FAQ: I added a new Key Map but the Key Maps toggle does not disable it?)

This is why when wtreesy presses 1, it sends 1 to every window, because it is performing "DPS 1" from "FTL DPS Keys", due to being enabled by this toggle. (After having not been initially activated, because FTL DPS Keys is not assigned to the Character Set.)

If i put a macro from within wow onto actionbar 1, the macro works and sends to all clients as normal. But nothing from my made keymaps is happening.

Is there some special macro i have to put on the actionbar slot 1 ingame to make the dps rotation work?

No, follow the instructions above to eliminate this behavior. ;) When you press 1 it should not press 1 in the other windows with this configuration.

Secondly, your macros do nothing because you have not assigned the WoW Macro Sets to your Character Set. To fix this, select "World of Warcraft" under Game Helpers in the top left pane. Then in the bottom left pane, select Paladin, and highlight your Paladin(s) in the box to the right (and only the Paladins! not the Character Set! not the Shaman! Just the Paladin!). Next select Shaman and do the same, highlight your Shaman(s) in the box to the right.

After doing so, Export to Inner Space. If you're playing WoW at the time, you will need to /console reloadui to reload the ISBoxer Addon, in order for these WoW macros to get set up.
<<

muhamad ali

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:15 am

lax wrote:
muhamad ali wrote:Here's a revised config file for you to go from if you need:

Ali, there's a piece missing in nearly every CLS Config I've had anyone show me, including this one that you have revised.

I think this is the Like a Pro Config that I worked off of when I first started CLS, this revised that I uploaded was his config from making it per the steps, or the downloaded file here:

http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Configure ... like_a_pro

I'm not too sure, really tired now from 100+ hour work weeks and all sorts of Holiday stuff, that's why I said for him to remove the FTL DPS from his character set, however I missed looking at the macro sets not being assigned per toon as they should be here for the OP:

Yes I know I'm a horrible screenshot person but you may get the point :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:43 am

Yep, you instructed him to remove FTL DPS Keys from the Character Set (Step 4 of your guide) and that's correct, however this does not stop it from being loaded by a Key Map State Action such as the one in Activate Maps (Shift+Alt+M). This only sets the initial state (when loading, or re-loading) of the Key Map to off. Activate Maps in Step 2 sets the state of both FTL DPS Keys and Combat Hotkeys to on, thereby double-binding the 1 Hotkey. Both the 1 Hotkey from "FTL DPS Keys" and the 1 Hotkey from "Combat Hotkeys" will execute, which is why OP will continue to see the 1 pressed in all windows regardless of his Combat Hotkeys, until solved.

I'm just trying to make this clear because it is a common issue I have to help people with in the ISBoxer Chat Room after they have followed your walkthrough, this information is not in your guide. :)
Next

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration