FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Issue with window scaling

Moderator: MiRai

<<

uncleruckus77

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:47 am

Issue with window scaling

I moved my D3 3x multiboxing to a different pc (Windows 8.1) with a fresh ISBoxer installation and having issues with window scaling. The main window functions fine, swapping works fine, the other 2 windows are not scaled and are only displaying a static portion of the game window. They do not appear to update or anything but in game I can see the characters moving, etc. from the main window. No clue what's wrong and I need some help. See attachment for screen shot. Running bare bones base configuration
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (1.86 MiB) Viewed 17716 times
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:23 am

Re: Issue with window scaling

If I had to guess, I'd say that....

1) You're not using the recommended Windowed (Fullscreen) display mode in game. If it says you are, then cycle to another display mode and then back (this likely requires a full restart of the game clients to take effect).
2) You may have display scaling enabled in Windows (it should be set to 100%*).
3) You're using an older Window Layout from your previous machine/install. You should always re-run the Window Layout after any changes in hardware or software related to your displays.

*Display scaling issues were fixed in a previous build, but sometimes things break.
<<

uncleruckus77

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:31 am

MiRai wrote:If I had to guess, I'd say that....

1) You're not using the recommended Windowed (Fullscreen) display mode in game. If it says you are, then cycle to another display mode and then back (this likely requires a full restart of the game clients to take effect).
2) You may have display scaling enabled in Windows (it should be set to 100%*).
3) You're using an older Window Layout from your previous machine/install. You should always re-run the Window Layout after any changes in hardware or software related to your displays.

*Display scaling issues were fixed in a previous build, but sometimes things break.

1. I have verified and cycled thru the various display modes. Game client is set for Windowed Fullscreen.
2. Windows display scaling is set to 100%.
3. This is a fresh ISBoxer install and everything including window layouts has been freshly generated by the toolkit. Nothing from my previous installation was resued.
<<

uncleruckus77

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:43 am

When I load the game clients from Innerspace and try to cycle to Fullscreen mode nothing appears to happen. Starting the game clients manually the display modes cycle fine and thats how I cycled thru them. If you mean to cycle thru them when launching the game client from Innerspace perhaps this is all/part of the issue because it doesn;t appear to change anything.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:29 pm

I guess the next step is going to be for you to share your profile and get a diagnostic (for game crashes) from a game client running through Inner Space (contrary to what the Wiki page says), preferably from the Character Set you're experiencing issues with.
<<

uncleruckus77

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 1:37 pm

MiRai wrote:I guess the next step is going to be for you to share your profile and get a diagnostic (for game crashes) from a game client running through Inner Space (contrary to what the Wiki page says), preferably from the Character Set you're experiencing issues with.

OK, diagnostic and config files are attached. (in zip)
Attachments
Attachments_201631.zip
(9.93 KiB) Downloaded 563 times
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:00 pm

I would try without the Teamviewer service running.
You might also consider NVidia drivers v359, rather than the one you are using. Also without GForceExperience and ShadowPlay installed, finally maybe disable the intel graphics if you can (if this is a laptop then you may not be able to - laptops and Nvidia Optimus are a PITA for multiboxing).
Finally maybe the ASUS Smart Gesture. No idea what it is for.

Finally a capture of the game state may be useful. You can get this after loading up with ISBoxer, pressing CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+G in game, selecting the debug tab, and hitting the Capture State button. This will store some stuff on the clipboard ready for pasting...
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:58 pm

If all else fails, then you can just use a VFX Layout.
<<

uncleruckus77

Post Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:45 pm

bob wrote:I would try without the Teamviewer service running.
You might also consider NVidia drivers v359, rather than the one you are using. Also without GForceExperience and ShadowPlay installed, finally maybe disable the intel graphics if you can (if this is a laptop then you may not be able to - laptops and Nvidia Optimus are a PITA for multiboxing).
Finally maybe the ASUS Smart Gesture. No idea what it is for.

Finally a capture of the game state may be useful. You can get this after loading up with ISBoxer, pressing CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+G in game, selecting the debug tab, and hitting the Capture State button. This will store some stuff on the clipboard ready for pasting...

OK, the 359.06 Nvidia driver fixed the issue (also uninstalled GeForce Experience/ShadowPlay). Thanks Bob!
<<

Kicksome

Post Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:59 pm

This seems to be a overall problem with many games using Nvidia drivers and Optimus and isboxer with scaled down screen switching (tiled all the same size works ok). I've tried this on two different laptops, and finally found this thread and downgraded the driver to 358.5 and it worked. Just uninstalling Geforce Experience didn't work. I then upgraded just the driver to the latest version - and it didn't work. So I downgraded again. And, of course, it works.

Hopefully Lax can put this on the Todo list to get it working with whatever they changed in the more recent drivers.
Next

Return to Diablo Series Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, Diablo II Resurrected