FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WoW lag when moving Master toon

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tommynov1000

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:11 pm

WoW lag when moving Master toon

So, when I first started using ISboxer, everything ran smoothly. No lag, no stutter, no skipping, etc. After a while of playing and learning how best to configure my key bindings, I decided to go to bed for the night, thus turning off the computer. The next morning, I turned the computer back on, turned on ISboxer, and started running my 3 toons again. Only, this time, I experienced a large amount of stuttering whenever I moved the master toon. If I switched windows, thus switching master toons, same problem. It mostly happens when I turn in circles, and less likely to happen when just moving straight. I played with the CPU settings (Round robin, no dedicated CPUs, etc) to no avail. I turned off foreground framerate for all slots with no avail either. What should I do next?

PC specs:
Intel Core I7-3770
Gigabyte GA-Z77x-UD5H
Sapphire Radeon 7870 Ghz Edition
8 Gbs RAM
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:04 pm

Re: WoW lag when moving Master toon

Provide a diagnostic.
<<

tommynov1000

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:46 pm

I'm assuming this is a freezing issue, but I'm not completely freezing. I simply just stutter. Plus, when I attempt to make one after running around a bit and stuttering, it says the attempt failed anyway. I am multiboxing 3 toons, so I tried all 3 instances with no luck. However, the crash report is: http://privatepaste.com/cd2bc68fce <-- of me opening the game through launcher by the way.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:01 am

First try shutting down:

Code:
70. raptr - Process ID: 7792 (C:\PROGRA~2\Raptr\raptr.exe)
71. raptr_encoder_server64 - Process ID: 9736
72. raptr_ep64 - Process ID: 4280
73. raptr_im - Process ID: 9060 (C:\PROGRA~2\Raptr\raptr_im.exe)

If that doesn't work then continue shutting down all background programs which don't require you to multibox, and if that doesn't work, then try completely uninstalling AVG, restarting your computer, and trying again.
<<

tommynov1000

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:52 pm

Ending those processes worked. Why would those processes have affected my game so much? Its part of the AMD update process, so I thought it would try to IMPROVE gameplay, not restrict it.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:36 pm

tommynov1000 wrote:Ending those processes worked. Why would those processes have affected my game so much? Its part of the AMD update process, so I thought it would try to IMPROVE gameplay, not restrict it.

While it seems that AMD and Raptr have some sort of contract/deal, its main focus is:
Raptr is a social networking website and instant messenger, targeted towards video game players.

It's likely incompatible with Inner Space because of its intrusive behavior when attempting to track your gameplay and provide an in-game overlay.
<<

tommynov1000

Post Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:53 pm

Ah, I see. The Raptr app that I have attempts at optimizing certain games for higher performance, but it does seem to focus mainly on IM stuff. Thank you for all your help, though.

Return to World of Warcraft