FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiple character sets and stop broadcasting to specified

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rafalj7

Post Sun May 17, 2020 5:40 am

Multiple character sets and stop broadcasting to specified

I am planning to use multiple character sets, as far as I have gathered information, seems like there is no option to simple run 2 different character sets on 1 pc which are fully independent.
I know there is an option to block broadcasting to specified slots. So I thought maybe option like that would work, here is description:
Lets say I have 2 characters set which I would like to play indepenedly at the same time:
Character set A:
1. slot main
2-5 slot slaves
Character set B
6. slot main
7-10 slot slaves
I cannot run them as ISboxer is not prepared for that, so I thought to create one character set which would be called as:
Character set C:
1. slot main
2-10. slot slave
and here is the trick, is it possible to config isboxer to make:
slot 1 (main) to broadcast only to slots 2-5 and do not broadcast to slots 6-10, but if I switch to slot 6. which would be my main for slots 7-10 to only broadcast to slots 7-10 and ignore 1-5 slots?
This would allow me to run 2 independed characters sets at the same time within one character set config.
This has to work only for specified character set, because there will be a time I want to play them together so I would simply create character set D for example to run 10 slots and it should in this time work as intended and broadcast main`s actions to all slaves.
If you can simple answer with NO then, i guess the only option is to run multiple sets on differnt PC with not synced ISboxers
If you can simple answer with YES, then I will try to search deeper in forums, but I would apprieciate any link / help how possibly I could do that.
P.S. i saw selective broadcasting video guide, but (even with method 3) I think it could not work, unless I am able to set individualy for each slot, to which slot it can broadcast and to which ignore?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 17, 2020 6:43 am

Re: Multiple character sets and stop broadcasting to specified

The simple answer is Yes. It is possible.

The longer answer is, it is a lot of work.

1. You need to reconfigure the base setup to use Action Target Groups for everything. The default config does this for some things. You would need to completely do it everywhere.
2. The easiest option would be to use Action Target Groups to have teams join/leave the recipient groups depending on who is the active toon.

https://isboxer.com/wiki/Action_Target_Groups
https://isboxer.com/wiki/Target
<<

rafalj7

Post Sun May 17, 2020 9:47 am

bob wrote:The simple answer is Yes. It is possible.

The longer answer is, it is a lot of work.

1. You need to reconfigure the base setup to use Action Target Groups for everything. The default config does this for some things. You would need to completely do it everywhere.
2. The easiest option would be to use Action Target Groups to have teams join/leave the recipient groups depending on who is the active toon.

https://isboxer.com/wiki/Action_Target_Groups
https://isboxer.com/wiki/Target

Thank you, so far I managed to set up only 1 of my special key maps to check if it works and it is working exactly as I wanted. Main slot button push repeat action on slot 2 and ignore slot 3-5, but when I change slot to slot 3 and push button, then action is repeated on slot 4 and 5 while 1-2 are ignored. This is perfect, but If I have for example 30 special key maps and I have to set up each one separately then, yeah it is a lot of work. But there are plenty default key maps which I think have to be configured the same way. And this is only for repeater, while I still have to set up broadcasting, but I think this one will be the easiest one.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun May 17, 2020 10:11 am

I would probably have 3 main Action Target Groups.

• ActiveGroup
  • Group1
  • Group2

I would then target everything to ActiveGroup (and where needed use advanced targets unions and operators to get the required target results)

I would setup a couple of mapped keys that did Group1 leave ActiveGroup ATG, and Group2 join ActiveGroup ATG, and vice versa, and maybe even a Group1 and Group2 join ActiveGroup.

I'd probably put these on a menu (or clickbar), rather than on the character switch, so, yes, it would be a manual swap over, but it means in a single session I could choose who was receiving what.
<<

rafalj7

Post Mon May 18, 2020 4:14 am

bob wrote:I would probably have 3 main Action Target Groups.

• ActiveGroup
  • Group1
  • Group2

I would then target everything to ActiveGroup (and where needed use advanced targets unions and operators to get the required target results)

I would setup a couple of mapped keys that did Group1 leave ActiveGroup ATG, and Group2 join ActiveGroup ATG, and vice versa, and maybe even a Group1 and Group2 join ActiveGroup.

I'd probably put these on a menu (or clickbar), rather than on the character switch, so, yes, it would be a manual swap over, but it means in a single session I could choose who was receiving what.

What I did, was creation of ATG (x2, for group 1 and group 2). I have removed character sets from default key maps and I have created 2 key maps where I have included all keybind including even default ones (1, 2 etc). Each key map was assigned with specified ATG and character set. I have created new character set which include all characters which is assigned to default key maps. This allowed me to created exactly what I wanted.
If I launch set A (10 slots), slots 1-5 are communicating only between those 5 and slots 6-10 only with those 5. This works like 2 uniqe characters sets. But when I launch set B, actions are distributed accorss all of 10 slots. Perfect. Although I think it is not the best way to config, because I have special macros in game which allows me to do that and I do not interfere with ISBOXER settings (char names, error msg from ISBOXER that current slot is supposed to be with different char etc). I am pretty sure there is much easier way to do that, but ISBOXER is so complex and possibilities offered by this software are mind blowing :D
Thank you for support.

Return to General