FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Triplehead2go + Taskbar problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

edw224

Post Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:04 pm

Triplehead2go + Taskbar problem

I am using the Matrox Triplehead2go to trick my computer into seeing one huge monitor @ 5040x1050 (3x1080x1050 - 3 22" monitors). I am running Windows 7 x64; for some reason Microsoft disabled the ability to decide whether the task bar is "Always on Top". The only game I am trying to play is WoW with ISBoxer.

My problem is that the main window is not being flagged as "Always on Top" and the taskbar is showing on the bottom of only the middle monitor (region 1). I would like to note that region 2 (left monitor) and region 3 (right monitor) do not have this issue with the Slave Regions Always on Top checked. I'm not a programmer for sure, but I would guess that ISBoxer is placing responsibility for the Always on Top flag for region 1 on the game.

So pretty much what I have is a taskbar showing up on the bottom of my main window during game play.

My solution: I moved the taskbar to the right, which completely moves it from spanning the bottom of all 3 monitors to only the right side of the right monitor. I hate it there, but it's a fix. I also found a program that assigned a hotkey for the Always on Top flag to any window. This works also, but each time shift regions I have to press the hotkey again.

Can this be fixed? Is there something I am missing in the setup? Any and all help is appreciated.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:48 am

Re: Triplehead2go + Taskbar problem

ISBoxer doesn't allow the main region to be set to Always On Top through your Window Layout... however, you can tell ISBoxer you want the main window Always On Top using a Mapped Key, and this Mapped Key only has to be used once (per reload, which includes when you Export while playing).

So here's what you can do.
1. Create a Mapped Key (e.g. in the "Control" Key Map for WoW, or "Always On" for non-WoW)
2. In Step 1 of this Mapped Key, add a Window Style Action
3. Set the Target for the Window Style Action to Window:All w/ Current
4. Set "Style to change" to "Foreground" (that's the style that gets applied when the target window is moved into the main region)
5. Check "Always on top" meaning that the selected option will be applied (unchecked options mean no change will be made) and set it to On

You can assign a Hotkey to this Mapped Key and hit it if you like, or there is an option in your Character Set that can automatically do it every reload for you. To set it to do this automatically, select your Character Set in the top pane, then you can click and drag the Mapped Key into the box that says "Perform this Mapped Key when Character Set is loaded or reloaded". Or you can click the < and select it from drop-downs, but make sure the Target is set to Window:Current (aka "self") -- we already specified "All w/ Current" in step 3 above.

You MAY need to switch away and back for the style change to be applied, the first time (because the style was probably applied before the change was made; the change will last until reload).
<<

edw224

Post Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:15 pm

Re: Triplehead2go + Taskbar problem

This worked great, thanks for the timely reply. My problem is now that I'm used to my Taskbar positioned on the right side already;) I set this up on another computer and it worked just fine.

Speaking of setting up multiple computers...I found an error and a workaround in the guide found here.

Step 8 of configuring with the helper reads:

If creating Window Layouts for each PC, select the desired Computer from the drop-down box on the right side of the Regions page that says <Pre-defined Computer>. Selecting the correct computer in this page will show the proper screen configurations for that Computer.

I found that the session size and position do not save with their respective computers. For example: Husband-PC has a resolution of 5040x1050 and Wife-PC has a resolution of 1920x1080. Logically I should be able to setup each computer here with different session sizes to match that computers resolution. I found that I have to create a separate window layout for each PC and then assign the respective character set to layout. Just thought someone could update this in the guide.

Thanks again Lax for your help.

Return to Window Layouts