FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Windows Layout Not going full screen

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Imposibil

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:29 pm

Windows Layout Not going full screen

Hello,

My windows layout is not going "full screen" (using dxn on the bottom), i have try'd everything ... game full screen or game windowed and my layout is only taking `bout 2/3 of the width ... both game and layout match size (desktop 1280x1024 layout 1280x880)

ISBoxer profile paste -> http://www.privatepaste.com/0172ab2d53

Screenshot -> http://prntscr.com/6ob57p
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:17 pm

Re: Windows Layout Not going full screen

Make sure you do not have screen scaling set in Windows. This can be found under the Display settings and is usually called DPI, or "Make it easier to read whats on your screen". The display scaling needs to be off, or set at Smaller or 100%.

Here's a link to the settings under Windows 7. http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window ... i-scaling/

It's fairly similar under other versions too. Figure B. is the main one you should be looking at. IIRC, Windows 8.1 uses a slider, which you need to set to Smaller.
<<

Imposibil

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:20 pm

bob wrote:Make sure you do not have screen scaling set in Windows. This can be found under the Display settings and is usually called DPI, or "Make it easier to read whats on your screen". The display scaling needs to be off, or set at Smaller or 100%.

Here's a link to the settings under Windows 7. http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window ... i-scaling/

It's fairly similar under other versions too. Figure B. is the main one you should be looking at. IIRC, Windows 8.1 uses a slider, which you need to set to Smaller.

Windows7 here ... its already set to smaller 100% (saw that i need to check that...), also aero is enabled if it matters ... :|
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:01 pm

Going to say this is actually related to Dark Age of Camelot, and not the fault of the Window Layout. Dark Age of Camelot is a bit of a special case.

The screenshot clearly shows that the game is not in the same resolution as your main region -- it is cut off. The fix is going to be to set the game's resolution to match the resolution you have in your Window Layout; it may need to be set to fullscreen mode for the matching resolution to appear in the list.
<<

Imposibil

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:13 pm

That will be my 3'd pc im using ISBoxer and i can assure u game is in same resolution as desktop ... everything works just fine without IS but when i try to start it with IS that is happening .... on other 2 PC (Main desk and laptop) everything works just fine :|

EDIT : Desktop resolution 1280x1024 game resolution 1280x1024 layout 1-4 resolution 1280x824 layout 5 (dxn) 1280x200
Last edited by Imposibil on Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:22 pm

Imposibil wrote:That will be my 3'd pc im using ISBoxer and i can assure u game is in same resolution as desktop

Yes, that is pretty much what I said is the problem here. It needs to match your "Main Region" size, not the desktop.

1280x880 is what the game is supposed to be in, according to your layout.

You can probably uncheck "Use Instant window swapping (synchronizes game resolutions)" in your Window Layout, and this might make a difference in what you're seeing too. (After export and re-launch)
<<

Imposibil

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:31 pm

lax wrote:
Imposibil wrote:That will be my 3'd pc im using ISBoxer and i can assure u game is in same resolution as desktop

Yes, that is pretty much what I said is the problem here. It needs to match your "Main Region" size, not the desktop.

1280x880 is what the game is supposed to be in, according to your layout.

You can probably uncheck "Use Instant window swapping (synchronizes game resolutions)" in your Window Layout, and this might make a difference in what you're seeing too. (After export and re-launch)

Wops 880+200=1080 my bad here but still not so important ...

On main desk i have 1920x1080 and game has same resolution (1920x1080) playing windowed mode and everything works fine, i have unchecked the use instant window swapping option and still same result :(
Problem is none of my 3 comps have same display/game resolution :|
<<

Imposibil

Post Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:53 pm

Ok im an idiot got it to work ....

Return to Window Layouts