FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

making window layout zoomed in more.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

jebathga

Post Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:30 am

making window layout zoomed in more.

Hello,

I did search but couldn't fine the answer... I have 3 monitor's in eyefinity mode ( 5760 X 1080 ). I play 4 characters on eve online.

My main window is 1920 x 720 spanning the entire 3 monitors. My bottom left, bottom middle and bottom right are 1920 x 360. When I click on any bottom region with my mouse it makes that region trade (swap) with my 5760 X 720 region. The issue I am having is I can barely make out the writing or exactly where my mouse pointer is on the bottom regions. I know I can set mouse over zoom but I was wondering if there is anyway to make the bottom regions stay zoomed all the time with out mouse over? I know also that I can set up video Fx to place a small portion of other region's on the main region.

Thanks!

Yes I know this is considered multiplexing and the ban hammer will fall come 2015.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:50 am

Re: making window layout zoomed in more.

jebathga wrote:I know I can set mouse over zoom but I was wondering if there is anyway to make the bottom regions stay zoomed all the time with out mouse over? I know also that I can set up video Fx to place a small portion of other region's on the main region.

I presume you want your smaller views to be zoomed in and then have their views follow the relative mouse position for each game client. You already know about the current options, neither of which do this. There are potentially other undeveloped ones, but they are just that at this time. The capability is possibly there, just not tied together, and it would need some smarts to deal with edge cases (haha... edge cases... literally).

jebathga wrote:The issue I am having is I can barely make out the writing or exactly where my mouse pointer is on the bottom regions.

IMO the smaller regions are there so you can make sure your alts are following and doing what you expect, not necessarily for reading the chat logs or fine tuning control. If you have instant swapping enabled, then you have no control from them anyway. A lot of EVE players use a dashboard setup so never read from, nor worry about mouse position on other windows, because they drag all the relevant areas of notable UI elements to their dashboard.

jebathga wrote:Yes I know this is considered multiplexing and the ban hammer will fall come 2015.

Your post doesn't mention broadcasting or multiplexing which is banned come 2015. Window layouts and zooming of views are not banned. You can do them with Windows directly, just not necessarily with the same finesse.

Return to Window Layouts