FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

VFX

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Tu Mama

Post Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:09 pm

VFX

New to Isboxer, Innerspace, etc. but longtime EQ player. Im currently trying to get isboxer setup so I can box an alt. I cannot get a window of my alt onto my main screen. I have read some of the threads on vfx, watched a video on window layouts, read the instructions on isboxer, and I still cannot get it to work. It tells you to set up the viewer but you have to have a source first ( yet it instructs you to setup the viewer first), Im so fing confused Im ready to just give up and get a refund.

But I dont want to give up, id like to give isboxer a try.

Is there a video for dummies on how to use this software?
<<

Tu Mama

Post Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:14 pm

Re: VFX

Yes, I realize i posted this in window layouts instead of vfx=/ thats how bad of a time im having atm, my appologies
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:17 pm

Oodles of videos. Also guides. There are plenty of links on the ISBoxer.com website for videos and the Manual link, which drops you to the Wiki (although this is present in the ISBoxer software too - just the search button is down the bottom).

Even a setup guide for EQ1 (or EQ2 too ) http://isboxer.com/wiki/EQ1:Quick_Start_Guide

As for VideoFX, are you sure that's what you need/want? But here are some links.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Video_FX
http://isboxer.com/wiki/Common_modifica ... ow_Layouts
http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3455 ... d-Tutorial
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3695

You could always jump in the IRC chat too. Get some online help (although be aware that sometimes people just aren't looking at the display despite lurking). In the ISBoxer software you click on the blue speech bubble in the middle there.
<<

Tu Mama

Post Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:42 pm

Thank you jonesy! The page with the video link on it was one I had been to before but I didnt scroll down far enough to see it! It led me to the basic vfx video which in turn gave me insight into my potential problem, I cannot open the isboxer control panel on my alt ( the toon I want to box). Im sure once I figure that out, I should have no problem.

Thanks again for the help, I appreciate it.
<<

bob

Post Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:46 pm

by default it is CTRL SHIFT ALT G to open the ISBoxer gui.

If it's not working then check whether you have not enabled it in your Character Set options (or perhaps set the hotkey to something else.
<<

Tu Mama

Post Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:48 pm

it works on my main toon but not on the alt
<<

Tu Mama

Post Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:51 pm

another thing, there is an overlay on my alt toon that isnt on my main ( system ram, memory usage, texture etc)
<<

bob

Post Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:55 pm

That just makes it sound like you are not launching your character set properly.

There are three methods noted in the Quick Setup Guide.

After using the Quick Setup Wizard and then Exporting the configuration (File, Export), you will need to launch your Character Set.
There are 3 ways of doing so:
1. Right click the Inner Space icon in the system tray, and find the Character Set listed under the ISBoxer Character Sets menu
2. Right click the Character Set in the top pane in ISBoxer, and select Launch
3. or, Create a desktop Launch shortcut. To do so, right click the Character Set in the top pane in ISBoxer, and select Create desktop Launch shortcut

Are you using one of those, or are you selecting EQ from the top of the Innerspace menu (this is what it sounds like you are doing). If you are, this is wrong as it only launches a single instance of the game and does not link it to the other for all the funky features.
<<

Tu Mama

Post Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:13 pm

yup, that was the issue. I have since launched it correctly, set the vfx up correctly, but i have some setting somewhere fubar'd because when press and hold control, the window appears correctly but only when I have control pressed, when I release it, it reverts back to the green.
<<

bob

Post Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:15 pm

that is normal when you have the isboxer gui open. close the Isboxer gui with CTRL ALT SHIFT G.
Next

Return to Window Layouts