FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't get video from other computer to main computer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nyder

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:28 am

Can't get video from other computer to main computer

I run eq2 on 2 computers. My main computer usually runs 1 account and the other computer will run up to 4 accounts.

I have no problem getting the computers to load the games via isxboxer, but what I can not figure out, is how to get it so all the video comes to the main computer so I can control them from that.

Of course, I probably am misunderstanding how the KVM works with this, so maybe it can't do what i'm thinking it can do.

Basicly, I'd like to have like 1 main window, and 2-6 bottom ones. Just like it would be if you loaded them all up on the same computer.

I have no problem if it's like something else, ie, i need to hit a hotkey to switch it to the other screen. I just seem to be over looking it or something.

thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:01 am

Re: Can't get video from other computer to main computer

Yeah unfortunately there isn't a way to get it onto the main computer from the second computer right now. I am looking into this type of feature for Joe Multiboxer.

ISBoxer will only broadcast keys/mouse between the game windows on your PCs. A lot of people who use multiple PCs like to use Input Director which is free KVM software that lets you interact with the desktop by moving the mouse off your main screen onto the other. There's also Synergy but it has issues with the mouse when gaming; Input Director does not have these issues.
<<

nyder

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:09 am

Re: Can't get video from other computer to main computer

okay, thanks. I should know better by know. The ideas I get from something may not be as it actually works. lol I spent some time trying to get it working though. =)

I could though, just swap the 12 gbs of ram from the other machine and run all 5 accounts on my main computer, but sometimes I want to play some other game and have my bots doing their grizzly work on the other computer.

And by accident I discovered a great feature that I thought was missing. One of my accounts went LD (thought it crashed since that is happening alot these days in eq2, but the person who's account it was logged in), so I thought I had to close all the other ones down to rerun the isxboxer script. well, i didn't end up closing one on them down and when i ran the script, it loaded the other ones up. That is sweet, because typing ext *CENSORED* and 5 passwords is too much work. =)

Return to Window Layouts