wineq 2 style layout possible?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

locarz

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:55 am

wineq 2 style layout possible?

Hi

Great software btw. I really enjoy it.

I have a question re: how to get the same window layout that i had while I used wineq..

Setup
I have 2 monitors, 1 19" (1280*1024) and a 24" (1920X1200)
The 24" is my main monitor, and the 19" is where i have my boxes displayed.

The 24" screen has a single toon, running full screen, 1920X1200
The 19" i have 4 toons displayed, one in each quadrant (640X512) , scaling the game resolution i use (1024x768)

I've tried a couple setups w/ isboxer for window layouts, however it seems that I cannot have JUST the toons on the 19" scaled, while NOT having the 24" toon scaled back down to 640X512 .

Is there an option, even manually done without using the GUI to have this enabled?

tks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:29 am

Re: wineq 2 style layout possible?

You can do it, but mouse broadcasting will be degraded because of the different resolutions. As long as you're fine with that, here's how you can do this..

First, set up the basic Window Layout, which I assume you've pretty much already done. Set the "Desired rendering size" option to 1024x768, since that's the actual resolution you want on your alts. You may need to manually set the main window to 1920x1200, and ISBoxer *may* complain about the resolution when you Export after doing so (you can just click No on it).

Normally -- with any other game -- you could do this using a Window Style Action as part of a Mapped Key. However, EQ1 likes to pop up the stupid "ResetDevice failed" error on occasion (which they could fix if they felt like it), so changing the "Desired rendering size" during play this way is disabled for EQ1.

For EQ1, after launching the game or Exporting while playing, here's what to do to set the main window back to full 1920x1200:
1. Hit the ` key to bring up the in-game Inner Space console window in your main window (the one you want to adjust). This key can also be configured in your Character Set
2. Paste in this command:
Code:
windowcharacteristics -size -viewable 1920x1200
<<

locarz

Post Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:35 am

Thanks for the reply.

I have that layout working as I was intending, however now I discovered another oddity..

For my 1920X1200 monitor, I use 1 toon, full screen, while I have the other toons in windows on the 1280X1024 monitor.
In wineq, there was an option to have "emulated full screen" enabled. This allowed me to change the window focus (ie move the mouse and click in the other windows as needed) and keep my full screen toon visiable.

Now when I change the window focus, the full screen toon minimizes. I have checked the option to "make game beleive it is foreground window" however this is not having the desired result.

Is there a console cmd to enable this?

tks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:52 am

"emulated full screen" with ISBoxer is only a matter of having the region in your Window Layout sized to the whole screen, and usually the "Remove borders around main window" box checked. And the game in windowed mode.

If the window minimizes when you tab out of it, it might be from having it in *actual* full screen mode in the game -- it should be in windowed mode. Or, if you have the Swap feature on in your Window Layout, it could just be swapping according to that feature; I'm assuming that's not it, but ISBoxer doesn't have a feature to minimize the window.

Return to Window Layouts