FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Window Layout issues

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Gunner

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:53 pm

Window Layout issues

I'm using EVE Online and I am having some window layout issues relating to resolution, I believe.

First, I had two friends who have been using ISBoxer walk me through how to set up multiple screens in one window. This worked for them without any issues. So, my Windows resolution is setup at 1680x1050 which combined with my EVE Online res of 1680x1050 works great. Once I setup the ISBoxer window layout for 4 clients with the active window being on top and the inactives along the bottom and the rendering at 1680x1050, the windows were positioned perfectly, but the resolution was so bad that I couldn't read any text and several components of the window were just missing (i.e. separation lines, etc.). So, at the advice of my friend, I switched to a lower resolution of 1280x1024. This still allowed me to fit the windows (now the active window is on the left and the inactives down along the right side of the screen) and I could then read the text, which wasn't perfectly clear, but better than nothing. However, now that all of the windows are positioned as such and the text is clear, I cannot click along the right 1 inch of the main window. If I do, it snaps the cursor to the left, 1 inch away from the right edge of the main window. If I just hover the cursor over any object in that space, it will still interact with it (i.e. it will highlight objects and things like that), but if I try to click it snaps away. I tried clicking 'Remove border around main window' and it then did not eve allow me to move my cursor to the right side of the screen past that 1 inch spot on the right side of the active window. So, I can't even access my inactive windows. I have to alt-tab out to fix it.

Ideally, I would like to go back to the resolution of 1680x1050 (or some other rez that would allow a wide screen active window on top and inactives along the bottom) and solve the issue of everything being blurry. Barring that possibility, I would like to be able to click along the right side of the main window without the cursor snapping away.

Thanks for taking the time to help a noob user!
<<

Gunner

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: Window Layout issues

Just wanted to give a quick update. After messing around with it some more, I decided to again try to click the 'Remove border from around main window' box and it deleted that 1 inch portion of screen on the right side that I couldn't click before, which now just leaves a space where you can see the window below it. So, it has cut out 1 inch of the right side of the main window.
<<

Gunner

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: Window Layout issues

Okay, so now I feel stupid, but less stupid than I did when I didn't know how to solve the issue. I ended up manually resizing the screen in the window layout section by clicking and dragging the window borders. I made the inactive windows at the bottom extremely short so that I could make the active window taller. This caused the resolution issue with the text and the missing lines and such go away. so, now I have a widescreen for the main window that is nearly perfectly clear and the border problem with the inaccessible window space is non-existent since I switched back to the main window on top and inactives on the bottom.

Hopefully my noobness will help someone else in the future.

Return to Window Layouts