FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

2 active screens + 4 inactive?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ShadPTR

Post Sun May 30, 2010 10:23 pm

2 active screens + 4 inactive?

Hi all,

Would anyone know if I can have the following for a window layout? I've been trying to do so but can't figure it out, I'm not sure if its a limitation or just my newbieness.

I have 6 screens/instances of a game and 2 monitors.

I'd like to have instance 1 on monitor A and instance 2 on monitor B, both active non-flipping screens, then have instance 3-6 clickable to flip onto monitor A. Is that possible? If so how? If I could I'd definitely convert my trial to a subscription. =)

Thanks for your time.
Last edited by ShadPTR on Sun May 30, 2010 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun May 30, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: 2 active screens + 4 inactive?

As of ISBoxer 36 it is possible to do this, but cannot yet be configured through the Window Layout design system.

What you will need to do is set up a Mapped Key with Window Style Action(s). This type of Action lets you control the characteristics of the foreground or background (active/inactive) states for the window. So for example all you need to do in the Window Layout is have the last region put on the 2nd monitor, make sure the "Region 2 is ..." option is set to "used for session 1 when inactive" (otherwise window #1 will probably disappear behind the active window on the 2nd monitor, or even on top of it), and then use a Window Style Action to change the foreground style for that slot to be the same size and position as the region.

You can put this mapped key in the Control key map if you want, and assign a Hotkey, and then just press the Hotkey after the game is done launching (and you'd have to do it again after Exporting if you change your ISBoxer configuration while playing).

Or you can add this Action to whatever Mapped Key is set when you switch windows from the wizard (check the Slots in your Character Set, it might be JambaMaster in the Control key map for example), and then not worry about making a new mapped key or hotkey.
<<

ShadPTR

Post Mon May 31, 2010 1:08 am

Thanks for reply.

Ok, I think I've got partially what I need. I've created the new mapped key (and bound it to a hotkey) and selected the target as the "Character Slot X:(Name)" I wanted, matched my position and size to that of the window layout region. when I launch the game, the key seems to work and makes instance 2 pop to the foreground but when I click on the active screen on monitor B, it minimized monitor A's screen and puts it inactive. I suppose logically this is normal behaviour but can I have it so that it doesn't? Or did I do somthing wrong?

What I'm trying to achieve is this:
Monitor A (main) has a full screen game instance 1

Monitor B has a large region of its screen as game instance 2
It also has smaller inactive regions for game instance 3-6.

I'd like to be able to click between instance 1 and instance 2 freely without the other minimizing to an inactive state. When I need to click on instance 3-6, it will naturally swap places with instance 1 on monitor A, but I do not want it to minimize instance 2 during this process. Think of it as wanting to have two viewing areas/game screens visible at any given time with only one viewing area being swapped (in this case monitor A). Is this possible?

I hope I explained it clearly, long day. :D
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 31, 2010 9:53 am

Go into your Window Layout and change the Swap option from Always, to something else. Then it'll only deactivate that window if you hit a given hotkey. That should give you what you're looking for

Return to Window Layouts