FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer Screen Detection Issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:14 am

ISBoxer Screen Detection Issue

There was no Bug Report category for me to post this in at the time of this posting. If one is created feel free to move this thread into that category.

Issue

ISBoxer seems to be detecting my screens incorrectly. ISBoxer shows different numbers than Windows shows. See pictures below.

Windows
ISBoxer

You can see that monitors 1 and 2 are reversed. Restarting InnerSpace and ISBoxer changed nothing. I use those as my main screens to launch off of so my problem is...
When choosing a Game Profile should I choose Primary/Secondary based on what ISBoxer is detecting or based on what Windows is detecting?

Using:
ISBoxer Build 34
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM Build 7600

Whatever other information you may need I can provide.

EDIT: Deleted 2nd Bug.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:51 am

Re: ISBoxer Screen Detection Issue

The good news is that it probably doesn't matter, as long as the windows end up in the right spot, since both 1 and 2 are both being handled by the same video card (correct?). This would matter on XP, but on Vista and 7 it should perform identically whether you tell it display 1 or 2. I think the right answer is to use Windows' identification, though.

But, it is interesting that 1 and 2 are reversed. ISBoxer gets the list from Windows as it is! I wonder if it has something to do with overriding the primary display in your Windows settings.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:14 am

lax wrote:both 1 and 2 are both being handled by the same video card (correct?)

Indeed they are both attached to my primary display adapter. I could have sworn when I was using Build 33 the regions reflected the same numbers that Windows detects but...I cannot be 100% sure. I have not noticed any FPS drop because of the reversal [it would have alerted me sooner if I did] so it is all good. They are launching on the screens they're supposed to and there is no performance loss.
<<

jrkilroy

Post Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:50 am

Hi,

I had this same problem when configuring IS Boxer last night using build 35.

I have a 22 inch LCD and my 42 inch LCD TV. The TV is set as "Screen 1" in Windows 7 and the monitor is set as "Screen 2" I have my desktop configured as with screen 1 on the right of screen 2.

ISboxer was showing the monitor as screen 1 and the TV as screen 2. Also, I was unable to convince the ISBoxer wizard or Auto Layout function to place my session on the TV. I was able to get around it by building a manual config, so things are working well now.

Both displays are plugged into an NVidia 260.

Return to Window Layouts