FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EverQuest Windows Layout - Region 1 resolution expanding

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ardenor

Post Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:12 pm

EverQuest Windows Layout - Region 1 resolution expanding

I'm brand new to the ISBoxer software and so I'm still trying to wrap my mind around a few of the basic tutorials I've found here on this website as well as YouTube.

It's a bit unfortunate that I haven't gotten very far in trying out so many features because I'm having a very difficult time getting my intended Windows Layout to function properly with EverQuest.

I have a dual monitor setup and up to three character accounts. Using the Windows Layout Wizard, I selected the option for "Multi-monitor on \\.\DISPLAY1 and \\.\DISPLAY2 (Swapping,Maintain Aspect,Avoid Taskbar)" from the drop down list and just ran with it as is.

It seemed promising at first because my first character launched full-screen on my main monitor (Region 1) as expected. Similarly, I could see my next character's account launch in a smaller window on my second monitor in the area designated for Region 2.

It's at this point where things go south. Once I attempt to swap to my second character by clicking on Region 2, they're correctly moved into Region 1 except Region 1's screen resolution inexplicably balloons. To be clear, the width and height of the Region 1 window get bigger, and everything inside the window scales accordingly with its revised size. This behavior is unexpected and certainly not intended. Attempting to swap back to my first character will not resize Region 1 back to what it was either. Rather, I've found that once I swap to any character the first time, Region 1 gets bigger and stays bigger.

One thing that's worth noting is whenever I've relaunched the game through the ISBoxer software, I receive these warning messages for each of my character's INI files, and ISBoxer attempts to correct it. Needless to say, I click Yes here, but the problem immediately returns after I attempt to swap to another region:

I've tried different things between rerunning the Windows Layout Wizard and selecting from different profiles, to tinkering with the region and slot settings. I'm afraid I haven't gotten any closer to resolving my issue. Since I'm just about at my wit's end and I've been at this all day, I'd like to ask if anyone has some ideas I could try?

Thank you for listening and I appreciate anyone's response.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:03 pm

Re: EverQuest Windows Layout - Region 1 resolution expanding

https://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#My_game_wi ... in_ISBoxer

Simply. ISBoxer may not work as expected when you are using Windows to do Display Scaling. There are things you can do to try and make it work, but the best setting is 100% in Windows.
Work is being done to slowly address this, but it does get tricky, especially when you are using multiple monitors and each one with a different setting.
<<

Otterman1234

Post Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:42 pm

Re: EverQuest Windows Layout - Region 1 resolution expanding

I sort of have a similar problem. 2 monitor system where region 1 is monitor 1 and region 2-4 is on monitor 2 with no swapping.
all things seem great till the login window in region 2-4 pops up (I'll try to post a pic) of only the upper left corner of the login screen. If I broadcast and do some finagling, I can get past the login to the character select screen where resolution layout size reverts back to normal, and the setup works great. I'm trying to see if anyone has a workaround to fix this.

I don't know how to post images so here is a link. Any help would be appreciated. I have spent 4 hours trying different ways to fix it but I'm not a computer guru.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lNh92awH59FyIm2vL8hq52qqRs-iE6fu/view?usp=drive_link

Return to Window Layouts