FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

2 monitors - Windows swap "behind each other" :(

Moderator: MiRai

<<

F4L

Post Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:13 pm

2 monitors - Windows swap "behind each other" :(

Hey Peeps,

please forgive my grammar, i am from Berlin, Germany, so my english might not be "top notch". ;)

I registered to LavishSoft, downloaded and installed IsBoxer and InnerSpace when i only had one monitor (laptop). I did this in an attempt to multibox 4 clients of Diablo 3. I installed the two aforementioned things and gave the wizard a quick run so that i had one bigger window and three smaller windows on the right side of my screen. It worked instantly. I was able to swap windows and they changed the position (one window took the place of the other) when i pressed that swapp key (F1-F4 for manual swap and "R" for rotation). I was hyped and played a few hours right away. :D

However, my laptop monitor is kind of small so i bought a bigger second monitor the next day... and this is where my trouble starts.

I googled... "swapping problem" "windows swap behind each other" "two minitor swapping problem"...
I roamed the board... 1.000 Problems, but i have not seen my problem :(
I searched on YouTube... still stuck... Since two days now...

I CAN set one window to monitor 1 and the other three windows to monitor 2. So far so good. But i CAN NOT, for the life of me, get them to swap places. I try to explain it the best that i can:

---

My main window (1) is fullscreen on monitor A.
The other three client windows (2,3,4) run on monitor B.

When i try to swap window 1 with window 2 by pressing the F2 button my window 2 obviously hides BEHIND my window one. Window 1 stays fullscreen on my monitor A.
>>> It took me quite a while to notice that "behind" thing, since i always thought window 2 was just dissapearing...

All my windows swap BEHIND my window 1. It does not matter if i chose a one-screen- or a two-screen-layout. It does not matter where my windows are placed and on which monitor they are shown.

---

I want the windows to actually swap places again, just like it did in the beginning when i did it with only one monitor.

I just can not figure out why this is happening... it is driving me... N U T S!

Please, has anyone had a problem like this before?
Can anyone help?

Cheers
dTaB
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:55 pm

Re: 2 monitors - Windows swap "behind each other" :(

Share your configuration and we can give you specific instructions about what to fix in your Window Layout. http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

Return to Window Layouts