FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Configuring dual monitors with dxnothing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dirtnap2345

Post Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:59 pm

Configuring dual monitors with dxnothing

Having two problems, first one I'm sure I'm just missing a tutorial/document somewhere, second issue may be a little more in-depth.

The configuration is for EVE Online, the relevance of that comes up in issue 2.

1. Trying to configure dxnothing so that it runs on a second monitor. Have a dual monitor setup, I used Seraphin Foad's tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA88ndjh8x4) to setup a dxnothing client, but I can't figure out how to move the dxnothing client to the second monitor. Everything I'm seeing in the windows layout wizard seems to want to keep everything on \\.\display1 with no way to set all of the clients except the dxnothing window to \\.\display1 and the dxnothing client to \\.\display2.

2. I upgraded from a 22" 1680 x 1050 monitor to a dual 27" 2560x1440 configuration. After setting up the hardware, when I tried to create a character set with the new resolution, the display would spread the EVE client about 1/3 the way across the second monitor. The video settings were all correct if I hit escape and looked at the configuration, but the graphics were just screwed up. I was able to resolve this by launching the EVE client manually, then going into the configuration and resetting graphics to the resolution I wanted. Once that was done, the clients started behaving properly. My concern is, after setting up the dxnothing window above, I see the rest of the clients load properly but the dxnothing client is spread about 1/3 of the way across the monitor as displayed in this screenshot:

In the screenshot, that black band to the right of the client is the dxnothing client partially displayed on the second monitor with the EVE client in the foreground.

Is there a way to fix that, since dxnothing doesn't have an official EVE client running in it?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:36 pm

Re: Configuring dual monitors with dxnothing

dirtnap2345 wrote:1. Trying to configure dxnothing so that it runs on a second monitor. Have a dual monitor setup, I used Seraphin Foad's tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA88ndjh8x4) to setup a dxnothing client, but I can't figure out how to move the dxnothing client to the second monitor. Everything I'm seeing in the windows layout wizard seems to want to keep everything on \\.\display1 with no way to set all of the clients except the dxnothing window to \\.\display1 and the dxnothing client to \\.\display2.

In ISBoxer, click on your Window Layout in the upper left pane, in the lower left pane click on Regions, then in the lower right pane drag the regions where you want them.

dirtnap2345 wrote:In the screenshot, that black band to the right of the client is the dxnothing client partially displayed on the second monitor with the EVE client in the foreground.

Is there a way to fix that, since dxnothing doesn't have an official EVE client running in it?

Windows Control Panel > View By: Small or Large Icons (option in upper right of window) > Display > Change your scaling to default 100% (may require a computer restart to fully take effect)
<<

dirtnap2345

Post Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:56 pm

Re: Configuring dual monitors with dxnothing

Thanks MiRai, you're a god amongst men!

Return to Window Layouts