FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] "Next Window" != Window Order

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Finney

Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:03 pm

"Next Window" != Window Order

This one is a bit strange, and more of a nuisance than a real problem. I have a five man setup, and all of the toons are in their correct windows. I have Alt-F1 through Alt-F5 set up as the "switch to this character" keys, and they all work fine. However, if I use my "Next Window" hot key, the windows rotate 1->3->2->4->5. If I use the "Previous Window" key, they go 5->4->2->3->1.

The action for the Next Window key map is
Code:
Focus window '-next' (filter:isboxer&~dxnothing) on <Current Computer>

A couple times now I've gone to select a quest reward thinking I was on one toon and realized I was on another.

I used the "Multi-monitor on \\.\DISPLAY1 and \\.\DISPLAY2 (Swapping,Maintain Aspect)" wizard to setup the windows, if that matters.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:28 pm

Re: "Next Window" != Window Order

The ordering of the ISBoxer ATG depends on how fast the slots start up when you are loading into them, or if you are loading them manually, in which order you start them.

if you want to fix the ordering by slot number, you can set the filter to an ordered target.
e.g. "all&~dxNothing" should provide the correct result, but with the ordered set of windows based on slot number.

If that doesn't work you will need to set it manually, which means setting a filter of "(is1, is2, is3, is4, is5)"
<<

Finney

Post Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:32 pm

Re: "Next Window" != Window Order

Thanks. That should have worked, but for some reason, no matter what I did with 'all' operator, or sets like (is1,is2,is3,is4,is5), the Rotate Forward/Rotate Backward selections always depended on how the windows were loaded, as you mentioned. A little thing but it was driving me batty. I also tried increasing the time between window loads and that didn't reliably do it.

I finally created a new "Next Window" mapped key with 5 steps and had each step focus a specific window. Just to make sure things wouldn't get hosed with jumping from window to window, I added some steps to disable /enable the correct steps in that mapped key in the "When I switch to this character" options in the character set. I did a similar thing (in reverse) with the "Previous Window" mapped key.

(I'm thinking this never bugged me before because I just started boxing WoW and it loads relatively elegantly. In Rift and Lotro, there is no doubt what order things are loading in--you need to get each character logged in before the next will come up.)

Return to Window Layouts