FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

quick setup wiz isn't using the right option for fullscreen

Moderator: MiRai

<<

xanthine

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:30 pm

quick setup wiz isn't using the right option for fullscreen

I used the quick setup wizard and selected what seems like it should be the simplest way to setup 2 instances on 2 monitors each running full screen
but when I play the fonts and other things are all messed up. there are all sorts of graphics issues that look like the game is running at a lower resolution and is being scaled up to full screen
(This is WoW)
The in game settings list the game as running at 1920x1200 and just "windowed" vs "windowed (full screen)"
Once I switch the ingame setting and restart completely things look fine.
Unfortunately this gets really old because I have to do every single time I setup a new set of characters and it's 2.5x worse with a 5 box setup since it has to be repeated with all 5 characters

Before using the wizard I had WoW configured to run in fullscreen rather than windowed or fake fullscreen.
So quick setup set each instance to windowed then chose to force them in to a bad attempt at fake full screen instead of using a built in fake fullscreen which works right.
So how to stop this from happening so I don't have to fix the setting for each team member on each new test team I create?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:38 pm

Re: quick setup wiz isn't using the right option for fullscreen

WOW is generally fairly forgiving, but the best option to use is Windowed (full screen).

You should set this in WOW outside of ISBoxer as every time you create a new character in ISBoxer, it will copy the original single instance copies of Config.WTF file and make a special file just for your ISBoxer character. It does that when you launch that character for the first time.

From then on in, every character as launched from ISboxer (or Innerspace if you like) will use it's own Config.WTF, so any change you make is individual, and saved in the respective files. None of these changes will affect the Config.WTF that is used when you launch outside of ISBoxer/Innerspace.

Also, if you load up and find that the 5 characters are not all looking right, turn on Repeater, and then use the mouse to run through the menus to set the graphics. Then you only do it once!

Return to Window Layouts