Down-resolution on dx-nothing

Moderator: MiRai

<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:12 am

Re: Down-resolution on dx-nothing

Alright, well what you can try is this:

1) Window Layout > Swap Groups tab > Swap Group 1 > Set the Reset Region to NONE
2) Regions tab > Resize Regions 1 & 2 to be 1900x1200 rather than 2560x1600 (doesn't matter if you keep or delete Region 4 at this point)

This will make all of your regions render at the resolution that they're set to in the Regions editor and they will no longer be stretched to fullscreen. Also, if your Windows DPI/Font scaling is set to anything besides 100% your regions may act funny (Control Panel > Display > 100%).
<<

Stormcrow

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:32 am

Thanks again - I will try both of these though it will be later on as no longer have access - from previous attempts my instinct is this will give me small 1920,1200 Windows for the two character slots and a full screen 1920,1200 dxnothing - ie same overall layout just smaller making the dxnothing useable but the character Windows hard to use. I will report back in any case on the result.

I'll check the Windows dpi/font size though it's a new install is unless it was automatically set or there is some accidental way to set it I doubt that's it. I'll let you know in any case!

Thanks
Stormy.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:46 am

Well, based on what you seem to want, I'll go back on what I said earlier.

I would put all regions in the same swap group. Keep region 4 as the reset region with it's resolution of 1900x1200. Region 1, 2, and 3 set to 2560x1200. Tick the "Use Instant swapping" tickbox. Leave the "Swap hot Character" drop down as it is, or one of the Only when I options..

This works for me...

You still need to check the DPI scaling options as MiRai has said. It does weird things with multiboxing.
<<

Stormcrow

Post Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:56 am

Hi,
I can't check innerspace until later but it looks like you may have cracked it with the font size - looks like boot camp defaults it to "larger" because standard is hard to read on the retina display. Windows 8 doesn't state % but on Win 7 "larger"=150% which would explain dxnothing being expanded by 1.5 Times.
I'm very grateful for the help you have both given me, will confirm later if this fixed it - seems likely!
Cheers to you both,
Stormy
<<

Stormcrow

Post Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:15 am

Hi all,

Confirming that this is now working as expected. Many thanks for your support! DPI/Font scalings the cause of the problem.

Stormy
Previous

Return to Window Layouts