FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Non active window low quality

Moderator: MiRai

<<

eid

Post Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:54 am

Non active window low quality

Hi, im a newbie here, pardon for bad english, its not my native.

Im playing WoW Vanilla, multiboxing 5ppl, my active window, which is tank is fine, but the second one(healer), which is little bit smaller, is obviously worse.. But if i change settings in window layout and set healer region as "active", its becoming good, and tank's region becomes worse.. If i understand correct, the active window should be fine, non active should be worse. I need both windows to be fine, how should i do that? I tried to change performance via CPU wizard, tried to change fps, but there is no effect.. Would be greatfull for any help..
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 28, 2014 9:22 am

Re: Non active window low quality

Show your configuration and we'll go from there: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

It sounds like your windows are using a different aspect ratio, though.
<<

eid

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:39 am

Thank you for reply, im sorry for late answer, i was away for a long time becouse of work.

Thats my configuration http://www.privatepaste.com/e072b96078

If its different aspect ratio, how can i change that?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:52 am

They are different aspect ratios because your Window Layout is 100% custom. Here's what will happen...

Every window will render at 1090x1080, scaled to fit whatever size the window is.
#2 will be shown scaled from 1090x1080 to 830x723
#3 will be shown scaled from 1090x1080 to 276x310
#4 will be shown scaled from 1090x1080 to 280x309
#5 will be shown scaled from 1090x1080 to 276x310

None of these are good sizes for scaling. 276x310 and 280x309 won't even look the same right next to each other in your layout. Overall this will just look bad. :)

I would highly suggest using the Window Layout Wizard to generate a standard style of Window Layout for your team. The generated styles all calculate resolutions for you that will fit your windows on the screen and scale nicely. You have of course managed to fit them on the screen, but with the type of layout you're doing you can't set it up to scale nicely.

If you absolutely want to keep this layout, then I would un-check "Use Instant window swapping (synchronizes game resolutions)" in your Window Layout. This will drop the scaling mechanic and each window will render at its current size instead; window swapping will be slower and Mouse Broadcasting will no longer line up, but you will get your 3 different sizes of windows, each with perfect graphics.
<<

eid

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:41 am

It helped! Thank you, Lax!
Im controlling 2 active characters at the same time, so i really need that custom layout. Thanks again)

Return to Window Layouts