FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Make my own Windows layout.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

donald1968

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:34 pm

Make my own Windows layout.

I am looking for a way to make my own windows layout. I don't care for any the wizard offer me. is there a guide someplace where I am make my own?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:31 am

Re: Make my own Windows layout.

Not really a "guide" as the usual recommendation is to build something with the wizard and then change it afterward... but... you'd probably want the Window Layout and Swap Group manual pages handy if you're going to try to go it manually.

Part of the reason you should start with the wizard is to get your basic mechanics down. You didn't specify, but in most cases it's not so much the swapping mechanics people want to change, they just don't like the way the windows are arranged by the wizard. Well, to fix that, all you have to do is finish the wizard and then go click and drag them in the editor. In the top left pane under Window Layouts select yours, then in the bottom left pane select "Regions" and then on the bottom right you have a click and drag editor with a properties box if you want to put in exact numbers.

Otherwise, a little direction on what you want would probably help us get you there.

Return to Window Layouts