FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tip - Virtual File LauncherUserSettings.xml

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Thrae

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Tip - Virtual File LauncherUserSettings.xml

If you have multiple accounts and/or subscriptions, it helps to virtualize the file LauncherUserSettings.xml for each character. This will allow the launcher to remember each username and subscription during the LOTRO launcher sign-in.

I'm a recently returned player and ended up with my 2 old turbine accounts and several subscriptions for each account...so I tend to get confused when loading up different character sets in regards to which account is what character :)

-Thrae
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Tip - Virtual File LauncherUserSettings.xml

Thanks for the tip, I'll add this to the default. People commonly request this feature but I didn't have the file to virtualize for that :)
<<

ecgric

Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:19 pm

Lax can u elaborate on how to do this ? Is it a file that already exists or do i just creat one in ISBoxer for each toon in the virtual file tab ? And if so where do I put the character sign in info ?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:59 pm

I filled in the documentation for creating a Virtual File now: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Virtual_File
Name the Virtual File "LauncherUserSettings.xml" and add Characters to it as explained in the steps. :)

Return to Lord of the Rings Online