FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unable to launch client via innerspace/isboxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

scions59

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:50 pm

Unable to launch client via innerspace/isboxer

Hello all,

I ran a team of 4 previously. I primarily play EQ2, and since it's update, have not messed with Lotro at all since November. Since then, I have also replaced some system hardware (MB, CPU, RAM and Video card) so I'm leaning on that being the culprit of my current issues but thus far have been unable to determine what is happening.

I edited the startup line in IS to run turbineclientlauncher.exe but that does not even bring up the first login screen. If I run turbinelauncher.exe through IS, I get the login screen but when it passes to the next screen load, that never comes and the turbineclientlauncher remains active in my task manager.

I am providing my diagnostic paste, hopefully that helps.

http://privatepaste.com/8d96dc67b5

Thanks!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:59 pm

Re: Unable to launch client via innerspace/isboxer

Some people have reported issues with the TurbineLauncher since Update15. Lax has made some changes to try and correct it, and also deal with the new turbineclientlauncher process, but there is still the odd problem, but this appears to be an incompatibility with some other software on your system.

So first things.
You still need to launch via the turbinelauncher.exe, and not turbineclientlauncher.exe, which is Turbines data collector process to help them with their crash issues.
Yes the turbineclientlauncher.exe stays around (this happens outside of Innerspace too).
You should provide a diagnostic http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics, or just start shutting down stuff that is not necessary until you find the culprit.

edit: whoops, sorry, it was a diagnostic., thought it was your profile :)

My guess at this point will be either the Windows Live item hooking lotro
Code:
43. C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WLIDNSP.DLL

or the NVidia Shadow Play capture proxy, which seems to be a constant item in the reported diagnostics for users with issues
Code:
65. C:\Windows\system32\nvspcap.dll

or the version/build of the 2005 (v8) C++ runtime.
Code:
56. C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\MSVCP80.dll
57. C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.vc80.crt_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.6195_none_d09154e044272b9a\MSVCR80.dll

Yours is 6195. I have 6229. This is probably a missing patch.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online