FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

LOTRO Won't Launch from Character Set

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Sothran

Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:38 pm

LOTRO Won't Launch from Character Set

I am having issues launching LOTRO with ISBoxer. I have added the game and set up the default profile by clicking and dragging the desktop icon to the appropriate line in Innerspace. If I open up innerspace and select my LOTRO and click on the LOTRO Default Profile, it launches the game as expected. When I use ISBoxer to create a box team, selecting Lord of the RIngs Online as the game to configure with LOTRO and the LOTRO Default Profile as the launch, export my team with all relavent settings, and then try to launch the team, nothing happens. No error boxes. No misroutes. Just nothing. I know the profile works because it launches when I just select the profile, but it will not launch my team that I have created using that profile.

Any assistance that can be provided would be appreciated.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:50 pm

Re: LOTRO Won't Launch from Character Set

Are you launching your team through ISBoxer or through Inner Space? If you're using ISBoxer to launch your team then I would suggest that you try using Inner Space directly. If you're already using Inner Space to launch your team then:

1) Check the console (right-click IS tray icon > console) to see what it says after launching your team
2) Try the dev version of IS (right-click IS tray icon > patcher > download development patches > completely restart IS to let it patch)
3) Grab a diagnostic
<<

Sothran

Post Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:07 am

THanks for the reply. I am using Innerspace to launch the team. I checked the Console as you suggested and it was reporting that Lord of the RIngs Online had no default profile for the first character to launch. I went to the config section and changed the default profile to point to the TurbineInvoker.exe in the appropriate file. I deleted the character team (twice) and rebuilt the team profile, being extra sure both times that Lord of the RIngs was selected and New Lord of the RIngs Online profile was set before export.

WHen I launch the team now, it does launch a patcher, for Everquest. WHen I check Console, the first character that it tries to launch it shows that it is launching Launchpad.exe from SOE, rather than the default it is assigned.

I seem to have found the self destruct button at some point.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:19 am

Well, I can almost guarantee that Inner Space is only going to launch the file that it's told to launch, so you must have the incorrect Game Profile set or the incorrect executable file assigned to that profile. In order to manually adjust your Game Profile(s) you can check this link: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Game_Profile

I say 'almost' because I'm never too sure when Lax is going to try to make Inner Space self-aware.

Return to Lord of the Rings Online