FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Launching using multi-account Launcher

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SteelDragon

Post Mon May 09, 2016 12:12 pm

Launching using multi-account Launcher

Hello Multiboxing friends. I have an issue with EvE. I recently decided to play again and all my settings are out of date. I need to know how to get EvE to launch again. I have tried pointing at the launcher and I have tried the EXE in :
C:\ProgramData\CCP\EVE\SharedCache\tq
The launcher came up, but when I hit play on an account nothing happens. When I try using the EXE, again nothing happens. I can not get a game client to load for nothing. Please help
<<

SteelDragon

Post Mon May 09, 2016 2:10 pm

Re: Launching using multi-account Launcher

Doing more testing I found I can launch using the old launchers exe file. This by-passes the launchers and goes straight to the old login screen. This screen accepts the login and attempts to log in. At this time the screen comes up but is dark and has a small working icon in the lower left corner. At this time nothing else loads. If anyone knows how to launch EvE using isboxer please tell me how.
<<

SteelDragon

Post Tue May 10, 2016 5:18 am

Realy??? Noone knows how to connect to EvE using isboxer? Will someone please tell me how to launch eve in its current configuration.
<<

shaypshyfter

Post Tue May 10, 2016 6:08 am

you need to point at the evefile.exe i beleive its in ~\CCP\EVE\bin\exefile.exe :D

Edit : this might be handy if you dont already know how to change your profiles
ISBoxer—Editing your Game Profile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgPr5oaraL8

Edit 2: i did some poking around and found out that the "working" icon in the lower left is actually normal, it appears to be some time before it takes you to the character screen, try opening it and leave it for 2 - 5 mins, im told its checking files make sure they match server or something of that nature.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue May 10, 2016 12:11 pm

SteelDragon wrote:Realy??? Noone knows how to connect to EvE using isboxer? Will someone please tell me how to launch eve in its current configuration.

According to several other posts on the first page of this forum which reference the new EVE launcher being incompatible, everyone has been using the exefile.exe instead. You mention that you pointed Inner Space at the exefile.exe...

SteelDragon (edited) wrote:I have tried the EXE in :
C:\ProgramData\CCP\EVE\SharedCache\tq
When I try using the EXE, again nothing happens. I can not get a game client to load for nothing. Please help

...but, what does "nothing happens" mean?

A game client loads, but you cannot log in?
A game client appears in the Task Manager, but you don't see it on screen?
After launching, no game client appears in the Task Manger?
The game can be loaded through the default Inner Space menu, but not via a Character Set?
The launcher appears rather than a game client?

"Nothing happens" can be read several different ways, some of which have different solutions, but if you could elaborate on what is or isn't happening, as well as provide a diagnostic, then we may be able to move from there.
<<

SteelDragon

Post Tue May 10, 2016 1:08 pm

Thank you for the replies. As to "Nothing happens" What I meant was:

Launching using the exe file the game launches a blank screen with a working icon in the lower left , after several minutes nothing else loads just a black screen.

When I use the Launcher (With isboxer) the square next to me character name turns to a play symbol and I can see my cpu spool up working on something. Then nothing, no screen, no work load. Everything just stops (computer not frozen)

Hopefully this will help
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue May 10, 2016 2:35 pm

Thanks for elaborating. A "black screen" has been reported by others over the past few months, and, assuming you're using an nVidia GPU, you can try rolling back to the 359.06 driver ( nVidia site | mirror ) to see if that fixes the issue for you.
<<

SteelDragon

Post Wed May 11, 2016 5:29 am

Funny you should mention nvidea drivers. I went the other route and got the latest drivers. This seams to have solved my issue. I can at least log into the game now. It does take a long time (about twice as long) for the game client to actually load when comparing isboxer client launch to normal eve launcher.

Return to EVE Online