FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I can't get eve started with isboxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

skidz8424

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:56 pm

I can't get eve started with isboxer

eve launcher starts but the client doesn't. I haven't played in almost a year and I fear isboxer isn't being kept up with the new launcher. can someone help?
<<

sreolla

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:49 pm

Re: I can't get eve started with isboxer

Indeed, as of todays patch in eve I now get the same thing. Remade the profiles from scratch too.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:58 am

I would imagine that if the problem was entirely with the launcher, then there would be more people here reporting an issue. Maybe Lax does need to fix something with it, but we normally ask for a diagnostic first before assuming anything else.
<<

rymcc86

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:40 pm

Hi All,

I too am seeing this issue. I fixed it once and it returned tonight much to my annoyance.

To fix this I stripped out all ISBoxer and Eve applications and cleared out the associated program data, app data and program files locations, rebooted, then performed a fresh installation of everything. While this works its a massive PIA and there has to be a better solution so here's what I know;

Symptoms;
the eve launcher opens when you launch a character set as normal but when you attempt to launch a character by pressing the play symbol or 'play selected' the characters highlighted go green indicating they are being launched but nothing happens there after, the eve.exe process does not start. There are also no accompanying logs explaining this failure in either the windows event log nor Inner Space.

I also note that launching the eve launcher outside ISBoxer works absolutely fine but behaves like a 'new' game profile loading the intro video and not retaining any settings from the last user session, I assume ISBoxer has a seperate location for profile settings to that which the launcher uses when running in this way.

Any help on this would be appreciated :)

Ryan

EDIT: Here is the Diag. http://pastebin.com/7a7KNHiH
<<

CDNProdigy

Post Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:07 pm

I, myself, just installed eve this evening and I had this exact problem.

What I had to do to bypass the eve launcher was to remap the path for the exefile.exe in ISBoxer's Eve No-Launcher profile. This may vary but I found mine in C:\Eve\SharedCache\tq\bin.

Once I remapped then I could get all my eve clients loading properly again.
<<

sreolla

Post Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:20 am

CDNProdigy wrote:I, myself, just installed eve this evening and I had this exact problem.

What I had to do to bypass the eve launcher was to remap the path for the exefile.exe in ISBoxer's Eve No-Launcher profile. This may vary but I found mine in C:\Eve\SharedCache\tq\bin.

This worked for me, although i fully removed the ISboxer software, than reinstalled it. I set game path to the exe file in the bin folder and it loads the client directly, although i have to manually login each time and for each character. Pain in the but, but at least it works again. Ive tried making profiles with the launcher and other exe files for eve and none of them load

Diag Report: http://pastebin.com/TZK1BsjV
<<

rymcc86

Post Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:18 pm

CDNProdigy wrote:I, myself, just installed eve this evening and I had this exact problem.

This works for me also, a great work around the only annoyance being the password prompt. Thanks CDNProdigy.

I notice CCP just released another update to the launcher making it v996833, I can confirm that this issue still exists.
<<

rymcc86

Post Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:40 pm

Do we have a fix for this at all?

Has a bug been confirmed?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:38 pm

Looking at your diagnostics, there are several things I would try.

1. disable the intel graphics if you can. If you are on a laptop, this might be not doable. if on a laptop it would be worth seeing if you can force the NVidia card as the primary.
2. remove kapersky
3. remove the alienware command centre ware
4. shutdown teamviewer
<<

rymcc86

Post Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:13 pm

bob wrote:Looking at your diagnostics, there are several things I would try.

1. disable the intel graphics if you can. If you are on a laptop, this might be not doable. if on a laptop it would be worth seeing if you can force the NVidia card as the primary.
2. remove kapersky
3. remove the alienware command centre ware
4. shutdown teamviewer

All would be valid points if this issue was not being experienced by several users in two different forum posts.

It is unlikely we all use the same rigs, software etc...

Return to EVE Online