FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

2 of 3 accounts

Moderator: MiRai

<<

musifuger

Post Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:27 pm

2 of 3 accounts

Hello let me explain my setup and problem. I am running 3 equal screens in eyefinity (doesnt really matter i think). I have begun running 3 clients all at standard monitor resolution (1920x1080) and repeating from any of the monitors to all the others works fine.

My problem is I cannot figure out how to make only 2 of the 3 accounts broadcast to each other (so only account 2 > 3 or 3 > 2 ). One account is a carrier occationally and id rather just drop fighters and leave it alone for the most part.
I have tried creating a seperate group, trying to change repeater profiles (so it only broadcasts to 3rd region etc) and tried to look for a way to use action target groups to this effect.

If someone could explain to me how thay accomplished this or how to set it up I would be eternally gratefull.

Thanks in advance.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:17 am

Re: 2 of 3 accounts

This is a relatively common question from EVE players -- "I have 2 miners and a hauler" etc.

What you're looking for is Repeater Target Action. This can go in a Mapped Key that turns on your Mouse broadcasting (via a Repeater State Action, as configured under "Always On" Key Map from the Quick Setup Wizard).

What you're describing is accomplished with 2 Repeater Target Actions. One of them has a Target of Window 2 (for when broadcasting from window 2), with the "New Repeater Target" field set to window 3. The other is vice versa -- Target=3, New Repeater Target=2.

So to set this up, you can:
1. In the top pane, under Key Maps, select "Always On"
2. In the bottom left pane, under Mapped Keys, expand "Activate Repeat" so that under it you see Steps, 1 and 2.
3. Select the 1 under its Steps so that to the right you see Step, Actions, and it has a few actions in it that turn on repeating and adjust the Toggles Click Bar
4. In the bottom right pane, right click "Actions" and under Repeater Actions, select Repeater Target Action
5. Set the Target to window 2 (slot 2)
6. Set the New Repeater Target to window 3 (slot 3)
7. Repeat steps 4 through 6, except with the opposite Target and New Repeater Targets
8. Export to Inner Space and try it out
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:50 am

The same thing can be accomplished with an Action Target Group (e.g. "miners", etc), and one Repeater Target Action instead of two. The Target would be "Group(all of):miners" (your ATG name), and the New Repeater Target would be "Group(others in): miners" (or your ATG name).

This accomplishes precisely the same thing as the other method. The method using specific windows might be easier to understand for a small scale (a couple windows), but when you start adding more windows it gets unwieldly.

So to set this up, with an Action Target Group you already created and added Characters to, you can:
1. In the top pane, under Key Maps, select "Always On"
2. In the bottom left pane, under Mapped Keys, expand "Activate Repeat" so that under it you see Steps, 1 and 2.
3. Select the 1 under its Steps so that to the right you see Step, Actions, and it has a few actions in it that turn on repeating and adjust the Toggles Click Bar
4. In the bottom right pane, right click "Actions" and under Repeater Actions, select Repeater Target Action
5. Set the Target to Group(all of):miners
6. Set the New Repeater Target to Group(others in):miners
7. Export to Inner Space and try it out
<<

musifuger

Post Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:58 am

thanks lax as always best customer service in the bis, will give it a go tonight.
<<

Peperapido

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:14 am

Hi,

I hope i am not posting twice,

Is this setup correct for mouse repeating only in miners windows?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/0is1.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/0is2.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/0is3.jpg/

Thanx
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:30 am

Is it working or not? If not, share you configuration for better support.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:57 am

Yeah, use Alge's link instead of screenshotting the ISBoxer interface ;) But, from your pics, you've changed the Target for the "Activate Mouse Repeat" Mapped Key, which does not have a Hotkey by default. Assign it a Hotkey if you want to use that Mapped Key. :)
<<

Peperapido

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:46 am

Hi,

This is the SETUP:

http://privatepaste.com/938c09c259

If i set the Hotkey it will work? Cause it is not working.

Thanx
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:05 am

It isn't working because you have no way of activating the Activate Mouse Repeat Mapped Key. If you give that Mapped Key a Hotkey (but do not use Shift+Alt+R unless you also remove it from the Activate Repeat Mapped Key) then it should work. However, the best way to find out is to try it. :)
<<

Peperapido

Post Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:10 am

Hi,

Thanx for the quick reply.

Will test and post the result here.

Thanx again.
Next

Return to EVE Online