FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Everquest Client Crashing while using ISBOXER

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:30 am

Everquest Client Crashing while using ISBOXER

This just started happening. I have been using ISBoxer for a few weeks now, but also had some major hardware upgrades, that wasn't planned for, including a fresh install of windows 7 64b. :D Up until then, ISBOXER and EQ behaved properly. I didn't officially reinstall EQ, it was located on another hard drive, so after the Win7 install, and patching, and patching, and patching :roll: I finally launched EQ by one of it's launcher files.
Logging into EQ without ISBOXER, I putzed around with two of my toons just to see if it was the EQ client itself. After about an hour or so of running around the newbi zone, no client crashes. Exited EQ, launched Inner space and ISBoxer tool kit. Launched my pair of toons again and shortly after both had logged in and was in the game, a windows popup appears stating "eqgames.exe" has crashed, then close or search Microsoft are your only two options. I closed that window and then had ISBOXER launch the character that crashed. Just after that toon appeared into the game, the other launched copy of EQ crashed. Did not relaunch the second character. Shut down the second client and started looking for a solution, and wound up here. :p

Any ideas anyone??

Thanks
HS
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:01 am

Re: Everquest Client Crashing while using ISBOXER

Get me the "Diagnostics for game crashes" from ISBoxer's Help menu -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:44 am

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:57 am

This is going to be my primary suspect.
50. C:\PROGRA~2\KEYCRY~1\KEYCRY~3.DLL

Google says it's "Zemana AntiLogger". Try shutting it down so it no longer appears in your diagnostics

This could also potentially be related
15. IDVault - Process ID: 3332 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Constant Guard Protection Suite\IDVault.exe)
16. IDVaultSvc - Process ID: 1872 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Constant Guard Protection Suite\IDVaultSvc.exe)

Google says this was probably installed by Comcast and may not be necessary if your Norton is active.
<<

Hippy Slayer

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:26 pm

I have uninstalled the anti key logger from my computer, and so far no client crashes. Thou I'm not sure that was the cause, as that application was installed before I did my hardware upgrades and Win7 reinstal, as well as the other COMCAST installed software. Will test further and see if Ithat removal cleared up my client crashes.

Thank you for the quick response. :)

HS

Return to EverQuest