FPS Drop and Lag when Windowed

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Nevex

Post Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:17 am

FPS Drop and Lag when Windowed

Hi guys,
I'm new but I already love ISBoxer!

I have a problem, I'm running ISBox with 5 Active Character but is02 and is05 are always lagging, even if I change the order of the logged character.
Plus, the FPS on is02 or is05 go down a lot if is not open as main window. This happen even if I log 4 character, is02 will always run slower.

CPU is i7 950 and running at 80% usually.
GPU is GTX 770 4GB and is fine.

Any suggestion?
Thanks
Never Give Up | ISBoxing FFXIV
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:37 am

Re: FPS Drop and Lag when Windowed

Using the CPU Strategy Wizard (wizards menu), set the foreground and background FPS settings to those you want. Obviously you will need to be realistic as you are running 5 copies of a game not designed to do so. So this may being 60/20 or something. The background is usually set to be lower FPS unless you are playing a Action game, like D3, where everything needs to be in sync.

Also choose the "Select all CPUs with every window (HyperThreading)...." option in the CPU strategy drop down. This should be the last option in the list.

See if that makes a difference.
<<

Nevex

Post Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:09 pm

Thanks a lot Bob, I'll try for sure.
Yea I know i'm running 5 copies and I'm shocked how good is working, It's just weird the lag there, when opened is working perfectly. I have around 40 fps on each character except for 1 running really low.

Thanks a lot, cheers!
<<

Nevex

Post Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:39 pm

OK, I did some changes and it works a lil better but still, window 2 and 5 will always work slow.

So, I did a test, even if I run 2 client only, the number 2 will always go shitty. If I run 3, the same, 1 and 3 work like charm, number 2 like is laggy.
Any clue?

Love ya, thanks!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:56 pm

Well, you tried the quick option.

Now I reckon I am going to need to see your profile, and a diagnostic (you can grab the game when it is running, and preferably pick the laggy process), and your homework will be to monitor each game process individually and see what it is using in terms of CPU/GPU resources (Sysinternals Process Explorer will show you this on a per process basis).

Failing that, you can also run through this page (Tweak your framerate) and see if anything jumps out at you.
Last edited by bob on Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Nevex

Post Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:54 pm

Perfect! I'll do my homework in the next few days and get back.

Thanks a lot for the help and dedication
<<

Nevex

Post Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:05 am

Re: FPS Drop and Lag when Windowed - FIXED

And here I am!
I did some digging around this morning and I ended up with the perfect solutions.

The Final setting:
- All CPUs for run in HyperThreading with Windowed at 30FPS and Main one at 50FPS.
- Window Setting to Swap+Fixed Hole in the top right corner (this increased a lot the FPS over the other setting where the hole move around).
- Ingame Shadows Off.

The game still look amazing when you play and.. it runs perfectly at 30FPS when windowed, 45-50 when you're in the main window.
I bet If you have a 6-Core CPU, you can run 7-8 window without a problem but.. that's too much for solo playing!

ISBoxer you got me, will totally buy it now :)

Return to Final Fantasy XIV