FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Set Up Help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Veivei

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:12 pm

Set Up Help

Hello! This is my first time using this software and I want to use it for ARR. I was setting it up, I added a new game and used "ffxivboot.exe". Then ran the quick setup wizard, clicked the FFXIV:ARR option from the drop down menu, put in my character name and chose the "FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN" and the default profile and continued with the wizard using recommended options. Then I export to Inner Space and try to launch my team, however, nothing happens at all. No new screen pops up, no launcher, nothing. I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to why this is happening? I also tried right clicking inner space --> "FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN" --> Default Profile and it will launch the launcher. It will not happen when i try to launch my team though.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:23 pm

Re: Set Up Help

You may or may not have a program conflicting with Inner Space. I would assume if that's the case then the default profile wouldn't launch, but you should probably start with a diagnostic report.

You can also provide the information from say... the last 20 lines or so from your Console. After you launch your Character Set through Inner Space and nothing happens:

1) Right-click on the Inner Space try icon
2) Select Console
3) Bring the console window to the front if it's in the background
4) Click, hold, and drag across all of the lines of the console you'd like to copy and they will automatically copy to your clipboard
5) Paste those lines here
<<

Veivei

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:47 pm

Console last 20 lines-ish after running my "team"

/====================================================
|
| 17:35:25 ISBoxer: Preparing to launch Character Set 'Vei's Team'
| 17:35:25 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
| 17:35:25 ISBoxer: Making sure Characters in Character Set 'Vei's Team' are valid...
| 17:35:25 ISBoxer: Good!
| 17:35:25 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'Vei's Team' all slots...
| 17:35:25 ISBoxer: Slot 1 already launched. Updating it to character 'Vei Vei' in
Character Set 'Vei's Team'
| 17:35:25 ISBoxer: Slot 2 already launched. Updating it to character 'Vei Vuh' in
| 17:35:25 ISBoxer: Character Set 'Vei's Team' launched
| 17:35:25 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.
|
\====================================================
Successfully executed '"E:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm
Reborn\boot\ffxivboot.exe"'.

/====================================================
|
| 17:37:48 ISBoxer: Preparing to launch Character Set 'Vei's Team'
| 17:37:48 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
| 17:37:48 ISBoxer: Making sure Characters in Character Set 'Vei's Team' are valid...
| 17:37:48 ISBoxer: Good!
| 17:37:48 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'Vei's Team' all slots...
| 17:37:48 ISBoxer: Slot 1 already launched. Updating it to character 'Vei Vei' in
| 17:37:48 ISBoxer: Slot 2 already launched. Updating it to character 'Vei Vuh' in
| 17:37:48 ISBoxer: Character Set 'Vei's Team' launched
| 17:37:48 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.
|
\====================================================

Diagnostics Link

http://privatepaste.com/035ab81103

Thanks for any help!
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:05 pm

Did you launch the game through Inner Space and then get the diagnostics link? You should have closed down all of the games launched with Inner Space and then launched the game like you normally would (w/o Inner Space) and gotten the link.

Either way, the diagnostic report shows you have three instances of FFXIV already running and the Console shows that it sees them as well. Are you not seeing the first two instances?

Code:
30. ffxiv - Process ID: 21196 (E:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game\ffxiv.exe)
31. ffxiv - Process ID: 21440 (E:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game\ffxiv.exe)
32. ffxiv - Process ID: 7132 (E:\Program Files (x86)\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn\game\ffxiv.exe)
<<

Veivei

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:23 pm

I did notice I had 3 instances running at the same time, but there is only one instance of the game that I am currently on, I have no idea why it is showing that.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:28 pm

Alright, well...

I guess my suggestion would be to close out of all visible instances of the game and then go into the Windows Task Manager and 'end process' on any other FFXIV related tasks that there are in the list. Then, try to re-launch your Character Set one more time through the Inner Space tray icon to see what happens.
<<

Veivei

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:56 pm

Well! It stooped my original problem! But now I am getting the error "Unable to launch application. Launch using the ffxivboot.exe file. (0)" when I run my character sets. But when I "added a game", I specifically chose "ffxivboot" because when I run the game through the default profile, it will load and I assume it launches from ffxivboot.exe but I don't know why the character sets is not working.

Thanks~
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:03 pm

Well, it wouldn't normally be saying that if it was trying to launch the correct EXE, so I would suggest checking the path in the game profile and adjusting it if necessary.

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Game_Profile
<<

Veivei

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:28 am

Ello! Well, that worked! Turned out that the file path was wrong in that setup. Thanks!

Not sure if I should make a new thread, however I just started using it a little bit ago and for some reason, whenever I right click + mouse move to turn the camera, the game gets REALLY choppy/chopping but when the camera is not moving, there is no problem. Any insight?

My Specs are i7-3770k 3.5ghz // AMD Radeon HD 6850 // 12GB ram // win7 64 bit //

Edit: Game Specs are standard to low quality // Resolution is 1680x1050 (60hz) // fps is 30-60 // CPU Strat is : Select all CPUs with every window (HyperThreading) (FPS 60/30) (slots per core 2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2) (cores per slot 8/8) -- this produced the less ammount of "chopping" for me // Memory usage: about 4.42GB // CPU Usage: about 25-50% give or take //
Thanks~
<<

Veivei

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:22 pm

Shameless bump~
Next

Return to Final Fantasy XIV