FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Virtual File

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dingomingo

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:25 pm

Virtual File

Two things. First I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. I tried this two different ways neither worked, having all accounts on at once and just one at a time. When I would change settings on one account and log out then back in it would have changed settings on all accounts, graphics, inputs things like that. Now I am assuming from what I have read about virtual files that using them will correct this issue. Meaning I want the graphics not on my main slot to be turned down in game settings when I log on my team.
Does anyone know what file in ffxiv holds the settings for all the preferences of the account?
Also is this what virtual file does or am I way off?
<<

gnetcham

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:05 pm

Re: Virtual File

dingomingo wrote:Two things. First I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. I tried this two different ways neither worked, having all accounts on at once and just one at a time. When I would change settings on one account and log out then back in it would have changed settings on all accounts, graphics, inputs things like that. Now I am assuming from what I have read about virtual files that using them will correct this issue. Meaning I want the graphics not on my main slot to be turned down in game settings when I log on my team.
Does anyone know what file in ffxiv holds the settings for all the preferences of the account?
Also is this what virtual file does or am I way off?

C:\Users\Gnetcham\Documents\My Games\Final Fantasy XIV
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:53 pm

To be a little more specific, you need to virtualize FFXIV.cfg.
<<

dingomingo

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:59 pm

Okay, so this is how I think to do this. Go into the game change my settings for an alt to the way I want all alts to run, save log out. Open isboxer and virtual-ize that file and assign it to the slots that will use those settings. Then log my main in and get their settings back to normal. The main will just get it's settings from the normal file and the alts will load from the virtual right?
Also thanks for finding the file local.
<<

pinki104

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:35 am

would be nice to see a guide on how to do this
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:41 am

pinki104 wrote:would be nice to see a guide on how to do this

There are already instructions in the ISBoxer Wiki. Or you could just run the Virtual File Wizard, which leads you through the very simple process. I suspect Lax will add FFXIV: ARR to the list of supported games in the near future and it will be done automatically from then on.

Once you have that Virtual File set up, any changes you make will be saved on a per-character basis. If there are settings you know you want on all your Characters, then run the game without ISBoxer to get those settings in FFXIV.cfg, then set up the Virtual Files - they will be initially created as copies of FFXIV.cfg.
<<

dingomingo

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:48 am

That is so cool, this software never stops impressing me. Every time I have a problem it has a solution that is easy.
Thank you for the explanation.

Return to Final Fantasy XIV