FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Terrible performance on main session

Moderator: MiRai

<<

eclipsed

Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:39 pm

Terrible performance on main session

Relevant info :

Using ISBoxer to run 6 clients. This may or may not be relevant as even running just is1 by itself with no other clients open causes the same issue. Have my team setup with is1 going to my main monitor. 1s2-6 are using a layout on monitor 2. is2-6 are set to extreme performance, is1 is set to balanced. Is2-6 run acceptably, around 40ish fps at all times. Is1 constantly dips as low as 11 fps, never goes above 25. Running eq2 on its own outside isboxer works great and has no fps issues whatsoever, and has superb performance (I can raid at 50+ fps on extreme quality for example).

My setup :

Core 17 5820k 6 core processor (oc'ed to 4.4 ghz with closed loop watercooling, constantly monitor and log temps and have no overheating issues)
32 GB RAM
Nvidia 970 GTX
SSD

Will be glad to provide any further info needed.
Last edited by eclipsed on Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:41 pm

Re: Terrible performance on main session

your profile would be of help
<<

eclipsed

Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:19 pm

http://www.privatepaste.com/695bfc38c5

here is the profile. Should have just done that off the bat. :D
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:07 pm

OK, the profile looks reasonable.
Unless you have something really pegging out cores 1&2 of the processor there doesn't appear to be anything on that side. You could potentially set the slots to run on all cores, and just let Windows manage where each instance runs. If in doubt run the CPU Strategy Wizard and choose "Select all CPUs with every window....", the bottom most option in the drop down. You might also consider lowering the background max FPS. According to you profile they should be limited to ~30FPS when in the background, so that is a little weird if they do "40FPS at all times". There is nothing wrong with slowing the background down a little more, to like 20 or even 15. Depends on the game bit worth testing.

Do you have 2 graphics cards and a monitor (or 2) on each?
If you want to know where I am going with this though, it is the Powering Separate Monitors section on this page.
You might also want to monitor your setup. Some info on Identifying Framerate Bottlenecks is available

Also, if you are running any software with overlay features (e.g. mumble/xfire/raptr), then you will probably need to turn off the overlays.
Tthe NVidia GF Experience software (and NVidia Shadowplay) then it would be worth shutting them down, or uninstalling altogether.

Other potential culprits will require a diagnostic

Also, wondering if your comparison to running eq2 outside of ISboxer is running 6 clients. Even if it is the case, outside of ISboxer allows games to detect they are not the foreground window so can potentially go into a different update loop which is less intensive, i.e. they require less resources.

Return to EverQuest 2