FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Unable to launch PoE

Moderator: MiRai

<<

DrKrills

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:35 pm

Unable to launch PoE

I decided I'd try multi boxing with poe, but I'm running into a problem when I try to launch my group.

I followed the start up guide, set the game to the correct path, and for a test tried to launch just 1 character. When I attempt to launch my character set my mouse shows that my computer is trying to do something, but then nothing happens.
The console reports that that is successively executed d:\games\path of exile\Client.exe But still nothing happens.

I'm using my developer pc for this test, which has:
Windows 8
amd fx- 8350
32 gb ram
nvidia 670

Most of my settings are default since I dont know much about the program, are there any settings that need to be set specifically to get poe to work?
Also I read about pasting the game crash report, but I'm not really sure what I'm am supposed to select since the game doesn't even load.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.
<<

gnetcham

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:43 pm

Re: Unable to launch PoE

POE was running fine till they did a small patch the other night and messed up isboxer, I know lax will look into it when he gets around to it , Seems like alot of the hype on mutiboxin it is dyein lol

But I was doing it fine just alot of work to get used to but its fun
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:02 am

I followed the start up guide, set the game to the correct path, and for a test tried to launch just 1 character. When I attempt to launch my character set my mouse shows that my computer is trying to do something, but then nothing happens.
The console reports that that is successively executed d:\games\path of exile\Client.exe But still nothing happens.
Also I read about pasting the game crash report, but I'm not really sure what I'm am supposed to select since the game doesn't even load.

I think you may have misunderstood what to paste. The sticky post "What do do if your game or ISBoxer will not launch" instructs you to grab Diagnostics from ISBoxer (click the Diagnostics link for step by step instructions). It will tell you to launch the game without Inner Space/ISBoxer, then to find it in a list, and then to click a button to generate diagnostics, and then to paste me those diagnostics. That is all assuming there is no crash report to send.

gnetcham wrote:POE was running fine till they did a small patch the other night and messed up isboxer, I know lax will look into it when he gets around to it , Seems like alot of the hype on mutiboxin it is dyein lol

But I was doing it fine just alot of work to get used to but its fun

So far you're the only one reporting your particular issue and it's not reproduced yet...
<<

gnetcham

Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:19 am

So far you're the only one reporting your particular issue and it's not reproduced yet...

Dam lol thats strange as hell, because after that last update you did it worked fine then when POE updated later that night it went right back to the same erros, ill try to get the Diagnostics up.

http://privatepaste.com/9f21f5f3be
<<

DrKrills

Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:20 pm

I think you may have misunderstood what to paste. The sticky post "What do do if your game or ISBoxer will not launch" instructs you to grab Diagnostics from ISBoxer (click the Diagnostics link for step by step instructions). It will tell you to launch the game without Inner Space/ISBoxer, then to find it in a list, and then to click a button to generate diagnostics, and then to paste me those diagnostics. That is all assuming there is no crash report to send.

Yeah It wasn't making sense to me, but I think I understand it now.

http://privatepaste.com/034797a495
<<

gnetcham

Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:02 pm

Ok all fixed lol reinstalled isboxer, something must of got messed up after the last POE patch, Runs fine now

Thx Lax for pointing that out didnt even think it was just me
<<

Mrshull

Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:21 pm

Can you lend me some help? Guat?
<<

DrKrills

Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:41 pm

Tried the reinstall but still having the same problem. Are you using any parameters?

Return to Path of Exile