FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Help with odd behavior in Pro Config

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue May 08, 2018 12:46 am

Re: Help with odd behavior in Pro Config

Yes. You've definitely grasped the concept.
<<

wartooth

Post Tue May 08, 2018 8:12 pm

Hey man, just wanted to say thanks very much for the help. It has really helped me to solidify some of the concepts and apply them. Thank you.
<<

wartooth

Post Tue May 08, 2018 10:54 pm

Well, one last thing I noticed. So close! I went to do some parses and realized that all of the abilities with timers are firing one time only. For example the Mages do Frostbolt once. Then only do Ice Lance from then on. The Paladin does his rotation once then just auto attacks. The priests Smite once then just hang out. No idea on that? My config is still the same as the last pastebin post. It's like the timer does not re-enable the key after the time elapses.
<<

bob

Post Wed May 09, 2018 12:54 am

Try setting the "Maximum number of timers in this group" to 0, for each of your timers (you can do this under the Action Timer Groups in the top left) . There was/is a bug in the timers that is awaiting rollout.
<<

wartooth

Post Wed May 09, 2018 6:23 am

Hi Bob, verified all timers are set to 0 (unlimited) but issue still remains.

https://pastebin.com/eNAjgKyr

I will play around with it some more today and see if I can figure out what's going on. Debug console shows that it is passing the key presses to the virtualized key maps as expected, just no action results after the first round of abilities for any timer groups assigned to disable a specific step in the Class Key maps; DPS Rotation, CC, Pull, etc.

Thanks!
<<

wartooth

Post Wed May 09, 2018 9:07 pm

The weirdness continues! So if I change any one of the Mapped Key Actions in DPS Rotation to a Keystroke Action, the whole thing works. Does not matter which step. In the screenshot its step 3 but I tried it with 1, 2, 3 and 4 with same result. I also switched it to just keystroke actions (in screenshot also) and that worked fine too. Some gears are overheating in my head lol.
https://pastebin.com/z776Ldnc

<<

bob

Post Wed May 09, 2018 9:39 pm

these should all use different timers as they are affecting different mapped keys. Because they are all going in with the same time, it is possible they are overwriting each other, rather than appending to the end as you'd expect. It might work if you set the number of timers to 99, and replace (which is what I used in my setup after finding the weird bugness).
<<

wartooth

Post Thu May 10, 2018 12:11 am

Houston, we have lift off. Bob, your the man! I renamed all of the timers to be unique and set them all to 99 with replace. BAM. Everything is working. I set up a weak auras config to watch the cooldowns on the Paladins DPS rotation and its firing as expected immediately as they come off of cooldown and Recount verifies all spells are being cast.

Here is the working config for anyone who needs/wants it for example purposes.
https://pastebin.com/ECDtUyYG

Lessons learned:
Give all your timers at the class key map level unique names that you can match up to what ability its timing.
For example: Timer AOE DPS Rotation:Frostbolt Ability in xx seconds, max timers 99 and reset when reached (see config)
If you don't you will see the issues I had when using the same timer for multiple key maps where the same ability is used in various keymaps (AOE DPS, DPS, Pull, CC, etc.)

Don't cut the branch your standing on (see earlier posts in this thread)

Listen to whatever Bob says. Seriously. Do it.

Thanks again. That was fun and educational learning experience! Love it.

Going to try a dungeon run now. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions after I analyze my wipe logs. hahaha =)

The Wartooth
Previous

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration