FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Click Healing w/o mouse-over?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Eldrinarr

Post Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:40 pm

Click Healing w/o mouse-over?

I set up a click healing config for LotRO per Bob's instructions here: http://www.isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6593. Once I got it up and running I realized the mouse-over targeting bit was really not my thing. Before I scrap it I thought I would get some feedback in case I am missing something or set it up wrong.

So I have the grid of clickbars per Bob's instructions. Main heal button, alt heal button, and I replaced the last button with two others for cure and revive abilities respectively. What I found was as I play if I happen to pass over the clickbars to get to the one I want or accidentally, the characters tied to them would select whatever character the clickbar mouse-over was programmed for. Then stay there. All by design as I understand it. But, it effectively means I would end up with characters having no attack-able target and having to spam the assist keys to get them back on the tanks target.

So I was intending to go back to my non-mouseover targeting clickbars. Which I may be able to mod Bob's setup for. Is there a better way?

Thanks!

Edited: Linked the wrong Bob How To the first time
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:50 pm

Re: Click Healing w/o mouse-over?

The mouse over targeting is because LOTRO wont take the Target and Heal commands too well if they arrive quickly together, and also to give the game time to actually change target.

Several ways you could resolve this.

1. Put them in a place you wont inadvertently roll over them in the heat of the battle.
  2. Disable them when you don't actually want a heal. Maybe put the loading of the Healing Key Map on a toggle, so you have to hold a Key to enable them, and then mouse into the bars (this visually leaves them there)
  3. Load/Unload the bars on a toggle (same as 2, but they aren't there unless you hold down the toggle key). I think I even had F10 as the toggle in the guide. If you changed this to an execute a step on "press OR release", then it would be a "popup".
  4. Make the Mouseover Targeting mapped keys 2 steps, and step two fires an Assist request to the appropriate slot so it will pickup the mains current target again (same as the toggle, this mapped key would be a execute on "press OR release").
  5. A mapped key per button which has 2 steps. Step 1 is target, Step 2 is heal. You have to double click each button for it to work. Not too fast though for the reason that the mouseover targeting was used in the first place.
<<

Eldrinarr

Post Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:07 pm

Thanks, Bob. I will give those options a try and see what sticks. I actually implemented #4 shortly after my realization and it was not too bad.

Thanks for the great How To, also! I was almost all the way through MiRai's "Like a Pro" build when it finally dawned on me it was not going to fly with LotRo. Doh! When I came across your basic and advanced versions, great stuff.
<<

Eldrinarr

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:20 pm

I went ahead and added the Assist steps the "exiting clickbar" mouse-over action. I modified the layout and have: 1 large button with two abilities Left or Right click activated, a second clickbar set up for one HoT ability on left click, a third for my alt healer to fire off two different abilities via left or right clicks. Seems like this was all working great then it started getting weird.

Symptoms:

1. When I load up everything with F10 the button's for slot 1 character all seem to trigger their respective abilities. The Main Healer Bar displays the name of the character in my parties first position despite my never setting the clickbar up to do this. None of the buttons to trigger abilities targeting the other characters slots work. Mouseover target does not function for the clickbars targeting the other characters either.
2. Each time I press F10 twice another characters name is filled in on the Main Healer Bar associated with their slot, for some reason.
3. If pressed multiple times (essentially flipping the clickbars on and off) it will eventually fill in the name for each character's slot. At that point the Alt Healer Bar and Main Healer HoT Bar buttons start working for all characters except my character in party slot one. The Main Healer Bar still does not trigger it's left click or right click abilities on any character except the slot 1 character.

Note:
- I was never able to get the "Then for each Slot in your Character Set, tick the “When I switch to this character..” option, and then set “Do this Mapped Key” option to Key Map: Always On, Mapped Key: Activate Slot." working on my setup. This setting on my characters is currently configured to run MiRai's VideoFX click to switch characters setup. I tried to add this to those activation calls, but never got it right.

-I never play using the click healing setup from any character but the character in party slot 1. Mainly because I have the buttons arranged next to their portraits which the click healing solution is not really designed for. This is a hold-over until I can create clickbars for each character.

- I have click-thu enabled for all the "dead buttons" in the three clickbars to get the proper spacing. In the end, this could likely be the whole problem. I may be stretching Bob's click healing setup too far and breaking everything. =)

- This is used exclusively for Lord of the Rings Online

Any help is appreciated. I really think I am going to have to just create clickbars for each character in the end. I want the click-bars next to their character's portrait like in the pic of my current layout. In addtion to trying to learn ISBoxers more complicated features (and struggling a bit) I am likely trying to stuff a square peg in a round hole.

Thanks!
<<

bob

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:46 pm

If you are going to go down the separate bars for each character, you will still need to know what is going wrong now as it will help you in future.

So, first, we'll need to see the config, and then we can point you to what is going on.
<<

Eldrinarr

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:43 pm

Whoops! Meant to attach it and got distracted. Thanks!

https://pastebin.com/knvwQush
<<

Eldrinarr

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:47 pm

And a quick pic of the buttons. This kind of makes it obvious how the bars overlap and are spaced. Which I think is likely how I created my problems. Thanks!
Attachments
Clickbars Pic.JPG
Clickbars Pic.JPG (19.9 KiB) Viewed 23303 times
<<

bob

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:22 pm

1. The names fill up because in the Show Hide Healing bars, you call the Set All Buttons mapped key, which sets the Name of the toons. You've got all the actions in separate steps. These are normally in a single step so all the names are set at the same time, rather than requiring you to press the show/hide key multiple times. As you've added buttons to the setup, which button gets set with text appears to be out of sync with the visual placement too.
  2. The Set Healing bar Status on Switch mapped key you've also got in separate steps. All actions should be in a single step. To run this from your VideoFX setup, you would have that mapped key call a Do Mapped Key action on it to call the "Set Healing bar Status on Switch". It probably didn't work for you because you have different steps, rather than all the actions in a single step. You might also consider changing the Show/Hide healing bars mapped key to only load the bars on Self if you want this to work as designed (i.e. only load on your active screen and move to the next screen when you switch toons - chances are you don't because it doesn't adjust with party order).
  3. As for the targeting issue of the main healer bar; your main bar just doesn't get focus on any buttons other than the topmost 1,1 button because you have other bars over the top of it, so it nevers gets a mousein/mouseout (the alt/hot bars "dead" buttons get it instead). The click-thru is for mouseclick, not mouseover.

Other issues of things not working would need to be figured out after the above were looked at, but essentially I think your issue is the desire to overlay the ALT/Hot bars on top of the main bars. The way I see it, you only really need your two alt/hot bars, and you use them so the top two buttons (1,1) in each bar are the "main" bar, and the next buttons (2,1) do their respective Alt/Hot things, etc. The only thing that wouldn't work then would be the name display, but you might not care about that.
<<

Eldrinarr

Post Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:47 pm

Thanks, Bob!

I was able to fix the problems in #1 and #2 with your help. I must have strayed from you How To without realizing. For #3, you confirmed what I thought; I was over doing it. I revamped the buttons so there was no overlap and everything is working great now. Implemented some VideoFX so I could see the quickslots for cooldown visuals and it's ready to go.

I have just one thing that's bugging me. I have a dxNothing setup as my 6th chracter. I use the quick character swapping MiRai did a video on. I can't seem to figure out how to get the quickbars for my click-healing setup to not show on that dxNothing screen. I am pretty sure I removed any instance where the setup was applied to the "Character Set" rather than just the 5 real characters slots and did not add the 6th slot to anything individually. Any recommendations what else to look at?

Hope you had a great holiday!

Eldrinarr
<<

bob

Post Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:10 am

This issue is the Target of the Load Clickbar actions in Step 1 of the Show Hide Healing Bars mapped key.

In the Show Hide Healing Bars, you load the bars on "all" windows (or "Window: All w/Current" if you like). To not load on all windows you need to change the target of the actions so they exclude the window you don't want to get the bars. You can type your target into the target the box you are not constrained to only those in the drop down. Use all&~DXNothing (assuming DXNothing is the name of the DXNothing character), and this will stop it loading on the DXNothing character. For more info, see the Targets wiki page linked above.

Note: I've done this on the profile from earlier, so it may be different to what you have now!.

In the original post, I actually said to load the bars on Window:Current or self, rather than all windows, so if you have the swapping working properly, then setting to load on Window:Current (or self) should fix it too, because you shouldn't be running a swap action on your DXNothing window anyway.
e.g, from the Guide post.
Next

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration