FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My characters like to switch target from assist to my rogue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Fish

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:56 am

My characters like to switch target from assist to my rogue

I have 3 teams of 5 working pretty well in WoW using the Pro config. Just one of the teams has an assist problem. The tank is in slot 1, rogue in slot 2, and others in slots 3-5. After spamming the DPS rotation ('1') for a several keystrokes, slots 3-5 will switch targets from the desired assist of slot 1 to slot 2. Needless to say, my DPS suffers with most of the team targetting my rogue. I can correct the targetting for another several keystrokes by unselecting slot 1's target and re-selecting it. I do not have the problem if I replace the character in slot 1 or the character in slot 2 with characters from another team.

I tried pasting my profile on privatepaste.com, but it is too big and I have not been able to figure out how to make the Upload function work.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:14 am

Re: My characters like to switch target from assist to my rogue

It would probably help to see your configuration -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

Generally speaking this probably means you're sending the WoW Macro "Assist {FTL}" to the wrong window. Or alternatively that you're sending some modifiers + ] to your game windows, which is used by /targetexact {FTL} by default (and would end up targeting one of your guys)
<<

Fish

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:28 am

I tried pasting to privatepaste.com, but I get this error.

413 Request Entity Too Large

I also tried zipping the XML content, but I couldn't make the Upload function work in IE or Firefox.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:05 pm

Google Docs will work.
<<

Fish

Post Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:38 pm

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:11 am

Your link appears to point to an empty page
<<

Fish

Post Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:40 am

This link should live longer.

http://www.filedropper.com/profile_3
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:21 pm

Okay let's change "using the Pro config" to "using CLS". That's a big reason why you couldn't share it, that thing is massive (you have dozens and dozens of Key Maps you'll never ever use, for example) and not really recommended since the Pro style was added to the wizard ;)

After spamming the DPS rotation ('1') for a several keystrokes, slots 3-5 will switch targets from the desired assist of slot 1 to slot 2. Needless to say, my DPS suffers with most of the team targetting my rogue. I can correct the targetting for another several keystrokes by unselecting slot 1's target and re-selecting it. I do not have the problem if I replace the character in slot 1 or the character in slot 2 with characters from another team.

Your DPS Rotations are all using exactly 2 WoW macros and nothing else... they all have randomly different Key Combinations assigned, even though each of the macros is only assigned to one of the Characters. The same key combo can be used for the DPS Rotation in different macro sets..

As for targeting your rogue instead of the mob, I don't see it. Your DPS Rotation Hotkey (1), before anything else happens, causes ALL of your other Characters to assist the guy in the current window. So at no point when you hit "1" should they be targeting one of your Characters, unless you have him selected as your Target when you press 1, OR your DPS Rotation -- specifically the per-class one for the class in whichever one is changing -- is doing this. I looked at all of them that you're using across "Team 1" through "Team 3", and I really don't see why this would happen. Since they're just using a WoW Macro, your configured rotations are simple enough that it's not that hard to follow..

How many keystrokes is "Several"? I mean, your guys only have 2 Steps in their rotation, so pressing it 2 times should have no different behavior than pressing it 12 times as far as your ISBoxer configuration is concerned...

I might be more inclined to blame it on a bug on your private server...
<<

Fish

Post Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:08 pm

I just wanted to follow up with my solution. The problem disappeared for a few weeks and then returned, which had me confused for a while. At last I discovered that disabling the Grid addons fixes the problem. Actually, perhaps the problem is really just GridCustomLayouts, which re-sorts unit frames. So, nothing to do with ISBoxer.

In the end, my test was much simpler. The "/assist <player1>" command was giving me an incorrect target on second and succeeding attempts, but only if player1 was in a group.

Thanks for your help and the comments on my configuration.

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration