FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How do I: set focus with FTL

Moderator: MiRai

<<

KadikurBox

Post Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:11 pm

How do I: set focus with FTL

I am trying to use ISBoxer to set the focus for the group I use to the "Master" toon from Jamba. I cannot, for the life of me, seem to find a way to do this. I figured that, since ISBoxer enables the switching of the master in-game (when switching windows) that it could help me set the focus of my "slave" toons to be my master.

Has anyone successfully done this?

edit: Forgot to mention the game, World of Warcraft. I run a 5-box setup. >Edit of this edit: Five accounts in the configuration of computer on the right = 2 accounts (slaves) computer in the middle = Master account computer on the left = 2 accounts (slaves)

edit2: Been playing around in the Game Helper area, and found a /focus {FTL} command. I've tried implementing that following a similar command (assist) that works... however there seems to be something wrong. I've duplicated the effect of "Assist" to three of my five characters, but the final two (the second account on the second computer, and the second account on the third computer) just seem to lose communications with ISBoxer, however the assist function still works when the focus function does not.

What did I do wrong?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:43 am

Re: How do I: set focus with FTL

The real question is why do you need the focus to be your master, when you can assist, target, or follow that master with FTL without setting focus? (the "F" in FTL is "Focusless", meaning you don't need to focus your master) Usually if you have FTL you would use your focus target for something else, like a mob to CC. If it's because you have a bunch of macros already configured and using [@focustarget] expecting your master to be focused then that's one thing I guess, but I definitely wouldn't start doing that otherwise ;)

edit2: Been playing around in the Game Helper area, and found a /focus {FTL} command. I've tried implementing that following a similar command (assist) that works... however there seems to be something wrong. I've duplicated the effect of "Assist" to three of my five characters, but the final two (the second account on the second computer, and the second account on the third computer) just seem to lose communications with ISBoxer, however the assist function still works when the focus function does not.

What exactly did you do? To use this you would have had to set the Key Combination for /focus {FTL} to some single key with no modifier (just like the other {FTL} macros that do have Key Combinations assigned).

If it works FROM 3 windows but not 2 of them (you switch to each window and press your Hotkey, and ALL the other windows focus, except when you're in 2 windows nobody does), then chances are you gave it a Key Combination with a modifier, and that modifier prevents FTL from fully working -- because to tell who your master is, it presses a combination of Shift/Alt/Ctrl with the macro's Key Combination. So to assist Slot 1, /assist {FTL} is backspace and the FTL (Slot ID) modifier for Slot 1 is Left Shift, it sends Left Shift+Backspace. For Slot 2, Right Shift+Backspace. And so on. If the Key Combination for /assist {FTL} was Alt+Backspace, then assisting Slots 1 or 2 wouldn't work because it would send Left Shift+Alt+Backspace and the macro uses [nomod:alt] -- shift+alt would indicate a different toon to assist!

If it works TO 3 windows but not 2 of them (you switch to each window and press your Hotkey, and 3 windows focus but 2 do not), then there's likely a competing key binding (that overrides the key binding for the /focus {FTL} macro) in those 2 windows, possibly from a WoW Addon.

If you need more specific help with your configuration, share it so we can be on the same page as far as how it's set up and what you need to change: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:18 am

Re: How do I: set focus with FTL

Generally, with an FTL setup, you don't need focus at all for Target, Assist or Follow.

Which means your focus is available for other things.
In PvE, likely having a CC class set focus on something they want to root, sheep, banish, shackle, etc.
In PvP, likely having the DPS set someone as their 'burn' target, so you can kill them quickly via high damage cooldowns once they come into the open without alerting them by targeting them.

From any character, you can assist so everyone is on whatever target.
Then have a hotkey for set focus.
Focus doesn't have to be FTL.
It is generally set on a per window basis.
Target on the main.
Have the slaves FTL assist you.
Have the DPS or the individual window who will CC set their focus.

Down the road, /cast [@focus] Whatever
Hotkey that one too.

And often have a /clearfocus hotkey too.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration