FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How Do I: Follow and Drop Follow In Combat?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rfarris

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:26 pm

How Do I: Follow and Drop Follow In Combat?

I'm new to multiboxing and until I saw MiRai's recent video (MultiBoxing with MiRai - EP00) I had only done questing with my 3-man team. While questing I found driving my disc priest worked best. When my warrior tank charged in it would break follow and my priest and destro warlock would hang back and burn down the mob. But MiRai convinced me to try dungeons.

In dungeons with many multiple mob pulls I realized that I would need to be driving the tank so that I could run around and pick up adds. It was easy to set everything up before the pull but after the pull the ranged guys would get turned around, or stand in fire, etc.

I have follow bound to a G-key and when I see that the ranged guys need to move I hit follow. Dropping follow is problematic in combat. What I'd like is a way to bind a formation command to one of my G-keys.

I tried adding a mapped key to the "Combat Hot Keys" map, but couldn't figure out how to make one that would create an action that would send a formation command to the other slots. I noticed that the formation commands are on the non-combat map. Is that my problem?

How do other people that are driving the tank move the other toons out of fire? If my idea is good, can you describe how to add a formation command to the Combat Hot Keys map? (Please explain it for a 5 year old.) How else could I solve this problem?

(I posted here because my configuration is a "Pro" configuration.)

Thank you.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:53 pm

Re: How Do I: Follow and Drop Follow In Combat?

rfarris wrote:How do other people that are driving the tank move the other toons out of fire? If my idea is good, can you describe how to add a formation command to the Combat Hot Keys map? (Please explain it for a 5 year old.) How else could I solve this problem?

I use the tilt-wheel of my G700 mouse to send strafe keys to my ranged ATG. Perhaps this is something I'll demonstrate in an upcoming video. ;)
<<

cwowens3

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:57 pm

MiRai wrote:
rfarris wrote:How do other people that are driving the tank move the other toons out of fire? If my idea is good, can you describe how to add a formation command to the Combat Hot Keys map? (Please explain it for a 5 year old.) How else could I solve this problem?

I use the tilt-wheel of my G700 mouse to send strafe keys to my ranged ATG. Perhaps this is something I'll demonstrate in an upcoming video. ;)

That's an awesome idea! I use the click of center wheel to summon mounts. I'll be adding strafe today.
<<

wartooth

Post Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:53 pm

I send a mapped key to 'Do flying V formation' as step one of combat, followed by the combat key as step 2.
<<

rfarris

Post Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:23 pm

wartooth wrote:I send a mapped key to 'Do flying V formation' as step one of combat, followed by the combat key as step 2.

What does that step look like? Send to Window Current? Send to Self?
<<

wartooth

Post Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:50 pm

I drive with my Tank, so for all my other characters role specific keymaps I have it set up for the support characters to break follow on the pull. The second action is their normal DPS action.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (3.07 KiB) Viewed 16805 times

Just an addition to the post.. I have a separate mapped key for Pull that is just break follow and do some action. For me this is the number 1 key. Once the pull happens I move to key 2 for the DPS rotation so the support toons are not constantly adding another action (the flying v move) to their rotation. I use a razer naga that has a left/right tilt click feature on the mouse wheel. I bind these to Variable Keystrokes 'Strafe Left' and Strafe Right'. This is how I prevent the ranged toons from standing in stupid and dying. I also have a melee follow me so any melee besides my tank will run with me if I need to move. Hope this helps.
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (2.58 KiB) Viewed 16804 times

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration