FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How Do I: Examine Other People's Configs

Moderator: MiRai

<<

rfarris

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:40 pm

How Do I: Examine Other People's Configs

I am curious how you look at other people's configs when they post them here. I assumed that you were lords of XML and loaded them into a text editor and scoured through them line-by-line. But it occurs to me (as I get more familiar with ISBoxer) that you might be starting ISBoxer, saving your current config and loading the OP's config, then using ISBoxer to examine it. Is that how it works?

I ask because I'm intensely interested in looking at other people's rotations in their Pro configurations. I don't see many examples of them in the message thread content, but I see a lot of configs posted. Perhaps I could examine those if it as simple as I described.

[This may belong under the parent - feel free to move.]
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Re: How Do I: Examine Other People's Configs

rfarris wrote:saving your current config and loading the OP's config, then using ISBoxer to examine it. Is that how it works?

You got it, that's exactly how it's done. If you have a laptop or other computer, you can start the Toolkit on both systems (regardless if you intend to actually link the second computer) and compare profiles side by side, copying and pasting between the two if you find something you would like to use.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:13 am

Re: How Do I: Examine Other People's Configs

You can run multiple instances of ISBoxer on one PC: http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration