FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

CLS pro

Moderator: MiRai

<<

roulette

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:49 am

CLS pro

hi guys
problem with caster macros they all seem to repeat the 1st spell in the macro command am i configuring it wrong?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:42 am

Re: CLS pro

No, that's what CLS is designed to do by default is smack your abilities and the first one in the list, if available, is going to be used every single time.

If you want to change that, you need to adjust your DPS Rotation for that Class-Level-Spec. The DPS Rotation section of the Pro Config's HOWTO explains how you can do that.
<<

roulette

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:52 am

so how do i get the caster macros to progress instead of spamming shadow word pain , i mean the dks macros work perfect going through a rotation,
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:44 pm

Rather than having SW:Pain as a macro, that does only the spell...
You could use a castsequence macro, which would progress.

The DK seems to be very good with a priority.
Because they have several abilities, each on a different resource.
Some need Frost runes, some need Unholy Runes, maybe some need Blood (or those count as another type of Rune), and then Runic Power is another resource.
Once you're out of a given rune type, that ability cannot fire off, but others on a different resource still can and those keys are all being mashed together.
So you get Obliterate and Frost Strike, or Howling Blast, Frost Strike and Plague Strike firing off when a given resource allows it.

A Priest has one resource only, mana.
And almost everything uses mana.
So, any given ability can likely fire off when it is called.
So a straight priority might not be optimal.
But you could prioritize cooldowns that you want to fire off whenever first, and those buttons are mashed initially.
If you had a ramp up castsequence, you could reset=target/combat and do 3-4 abilities and then a null... which would mean it is mashed first, applies the desired effects, and then sticks which forces other abilities of lower priorities to go off instead.
With a caster, you can still use a Priority system, but you'll likely want Castsequences rather than straight Cast commands.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

roulette

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:08 pm

Yep thats its thanks very much for clearing that up. I think if i added steps to whats already there probbally will work :)

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration