FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Help newbie with pro configuration

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Danishmultiboxing

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:23 pm

Help newbie with pro configuration

Hey Folks

I have the same problems as most new folks I guess.....this program is great, really really great, with endless possibilities (it seems) but it's not user friendly at all. I have read tons of post from Lax Ualaa ectect. and watch videos from miria and who els has been so kind to spend there time making movies to help people getting started.

I have setup pro configuration, with Virtual Combat, combat hotkeys, general, control you named it I have also made a profile with Pro SCL config......but here is the really stupid thing, it's properly me, who don't understand anything. but I don't know WHY I HAVE DONE IT, other than it's supposedly should be easier to control my boxer team 1xdruid 4x shamans. but it's not, I still don't know who to make a working

Macro
use the information, I get from SCL config to anything usefull
Castsequence
how to get my druid healer to heal my targets, when I'm in combat (works fine with Video FX config) but I want the druid to automatic start healing, when I start a combat with my shamans (have been using Pwnboxer before, with a focus targetstarget setup works pretty good, but I rather wanner use ISboxer)
how to make a move key, formation, mount up/off eat/drink.....all basic stuff....I simply don't know who to get it to work, or find any posts that tells me how to do it. they are maybe here some where, but I just can't find em. I have use quick setup wizards, key maps control keys mapping keys, virtual keys, to a point where I can't see the Forrest for yea like.... Forrest I guess, it's annoying like hell, I have spend hours hours and hours on trying to get it to work, but it's just not logic for me to do.

so can or will someone please direct me to post, videos, guides that EXPLAIN and shows EVERYTHING from start to end, in let's say make a "Castsequence"
or a round robin for let's say "warstomp"
or how I get my healer to heal, target's targets target with FLT.
I don't even know, where to drop moment keys......WASD....where do I add this keys in pro setup.
how do I make a round robin for my totems, to work......I don't know how to set in-game keybinds, when I use what I normally have been doing 12345....ctrl1234545......shift123456 is it's fucking up with something.....guess it's be course of FTL (and yes FTL DPS keys has been blacklisted).....so I really don't know how or where to make it work right.

I'm close to give up on ISboxer because it's simply seems to hard to setup, for just basic game play.

it's kind a depressing, even to write this post, since I normally see my self, as a okay cleaver guy, who normally can setup stuff like this my self, but right now am I just one big fucking question mark, who feels like a complete nutcake.....so please help if anyone has the time or nerves for it.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:51 pm

Re: Help newbie with pro configuration

I'm close to give up on ISboxer because it's simply seems to hard to setup, for just basic game play.

Your definition of "basic game play" is pretty thoroughly complicated. Okay look, this is called the Pro Configuration because it's not for everyone, it takes time to configure in order to reap the benefits.

On the other hand, the basic configuration for basic game play is set up for you with the Quick Setup Wizard and all you need is the WoW Quicker Start Guide for the answer to nearly all of your questions, and it explains the quickest and easiest ways to get started...

I don't even know, where to drop moment keys......WASD....where do I add this keys in pro setup.

Don't add WASD in pro setup. Move with auto-follow, which is already set up for you.

let's say make a "Castsequence"

If you want to know how /castsequence works, maybe check wowwiki's article on the command. Your macros don't need to be configured through ISBoxer, you can set them up in the game and put them on your Action Bars like you might already be used to.

or how I get my healer to heal, target's targets target with FLT.

I do recommend watching MiRai's Healing 101 video which shows you how to use a standard healer Addon in order to heal; this is the easiest thing to do.

If your healer is assisting your tank with everyone else (as he likely would by default with the Pro Config...), then a macro like this is just about it:
Code:
/cast [@targettarget] Heal

or a round robin for let's say "warstomp"

The Mapped Key Wizard has a "Round-Robin Key Broadcast" option. Seriously, follow the Quick Start Guides, they suggest checking out the Mapped Key Wizard, which covers most things you might map.
<<

Danishmultiboxing

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:17 pm

thanks Lax, I know it's some super stupid questions, and you guys have properly heard em a million time before, it's just frustrating if you want things to be perfect, and they are not. You are completely right, I had properly been close to 80 by now, with all the time I have spend, moving around, casting spells, setting up rotations for just to do it over again, when I have been fucking something up. but it's starts to help now, my only major problem now, is some FTL erroes with Follow.....I think it's is.....but I have made another post about it.......anyhow many thanks for the help so fare, you guys are really great, and again sorry for all those stupid questions.
<<

Danishmultiboxing

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Damm all this time in Under City setting up the pro setting is starting to pay off, everything seems to come together now, sorry for the frustrating tone I had in the post, it's properly just that ISboxer takes time to learn, specially in Pro / SCL configuration. I just want to say thanks to all the people, who has spend time in making all this guides and videos, it's truly awesome.

Best Regards

Danishmultiboxing

Return to ISBoxer Pro Configuration